Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Zipper Lip Revealed!

4K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  zen leecher aka bill w 
#1 ·
View attachment 48527

According to the person(s) who took the time to vandalize a certain Western Washington Fly Fishing only lake near Anacortes. Apparently noone on the interwebs knows about this lake and it's not ok to talk about it or post reports here on WFF. Beware if you too reveal a zipper lip like this you might also draw the ire of a band of fly fishing vandals. Maybe the gangs have moved west boys.

Ira..

In case you can't read the picture, it says: Ira, Nick, Ford F don't net this lake to death WFF

#2 ·
This is hysterical. He's probably been telling himself that the reason he keeps getting skunked is because there are too many anglers on the lake.

"How can anyone expect to catch any fish if there are 10 anglers competing for only 100 acres of lake? It's really sad that the fly fishing community feels the need to descend upon this little lake, desecrating and harassing the fragile triploid population with their barbless hooks and rubber, knotless nets. I won't fish the lake any more; I just can't shake the the thought that some of the fish I catch may have been caught before. Besides, you only get an hour of productive fishing at dawn before the online fishing community shows up and puts the fish off the bite with their "chironomids", whatever the hell those are. I just can't enjoy my wilderness experience when I know that those noble, ancient, googly eyed fish have been touched by human hands. So what if you have a computer, you should have to find your zipperlips like the rest of us -- by opening the fishing regulations and scanning the pages for 'catch-and-release only."

#13 ·
So I honestly thought at first that someone was mad that we were catching so many fish.... I knew that couldn't be true, because Nick isn't that good... Oh, net as in the Internet.

Ok I'll tell everyone, it wa Pass lake.

#19 ·
You want some secret places to fish. I know of lots of places to fish that never see another foot print.. But I had to search out those places far and wide so I ain't giving any of them up any more.

But I did fish Day creek one time. I climbed down into this canyon, hell of a place to get into. I found where people had left their garbage.. I never saw no other way to get in there so it could of been there a long time. Hell, the flashlight I found never worked. LOL

#23 ·
I know another zipper lip on the east side that I will now "net to death", it is called.... Lenice, bet you didn't know about that one, because after March first it will never be mentioned on the Internet.

Ira

#29 ·
I have found out that the people that lurk here want the easy accrss areas. If you have to beat the bushes to fish most won't go. When I was a lot younger I always used to go into places that I Billy Goat would have trouble getting in. And the fishing was better there.

Now that I'm in Montana I can fish along side the road and still catch fish. Gotta just love it.

#32 ·
I took a walking stick with me for the first time Sunday. The difference between a wading staff and a walking stick is the walking one doesn't get wet. I had a few muddy areas to portage at Rocky Ford.

Saturday I saw my first guy wading in Rocky Ford. Rules say no wading for fishing...but he may have been legal. He had a dip net and was searching for his car keys.

signed,

geezer in training

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.