Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lamson Velocity - broken outgoing clicker?

5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  later_Peter 
#1 ·
I have an older Lamson Velocity 3.5 that has some use but has been in the closet for a couple years. I pulled it out recently to find that the outgoing clicker does not engage for about half of the spool's rotation. The drag still appears tight and functional. Does this sound just like a damaged clicker or something more?

#2 ·
My Lamson Velocity clicker was just a little part that went AWOL, unreated to the drag. Literally a small part designed only to make noise.

I e-mailed them and they sent me a new one. I'm not sure how it would work 1/2 the time, but shoot them a note or give them a call and I would guess they can help you out.

#8 ·
If it only works half the time, some of the teeth on the drag cap might be worn down and/or damaged. The clicker is a piece of plastic mounted to the spool that drags over the teeth of the cap to make noise, so it sounds like it's not making contact with all of them.
Oh! there's an idea; file down particular teeth on the drag cap so that it plays your favorite song when you hook into a big fish!

#10 ·
My experience with Lamson's customer service was not too good. A problem with the drag brand new out of the box... Anyway, 3 or 4 phone calls later I finally got a tech willing to tell me (over the phone) how to fix it myownself... maybe they will send you a part OR you could call Mr. Archuleta (in Southern Oregon, now)

#12 ·
Have you tried tightening the hex-head screw that holds the clicker in place? This happens on my old Velocities from time to time and when I tighten down that screw it solves the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.