Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dear Santa - if I were to wish for a small RV.....

NFR 
5K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  dryflylarry 
#1 ·
I want one of these for Christmas....

http://www.roadtrek.com/models.aspx?ModelID=34&YearID=15&Country=USA

Never owned an RV or trailer but this would be the kind of rig that - if money were not an object - I'd look at. Wish they still made VW Syncro camper van, but I think it is no longer produced so in its absence I choose one of these mercedes RS ETrek rigs. Santa I'll give you extra bonus points if you can get it produced in AWD/4WD.

#14 ·
One of my customers has TWO of these!!!! Ones an older model. But has one exactly like the one in this picture he drives everyday. One helluva nice rig. Other one looks like it may be a custom job (maybe not made by the company above). But looks pretty similar.

#6 ·
We got a Boler this year.

Elizabeth's Dad used to be an auto body mechanic for his first career. He did an amazing job rebuilding this thing. It was gutted, rhino lined with cream in the inside, painted inside, new countertops, new cabinets, new cushions, and painted outside. It's the same color scheme, but much nicer than the one in this picture. It's an awesome little rig, and weighs under 500lbs so you almost don't even know you are towing it.

These things are classics. Ours is a 1971. They are worth about $6500-8500.

Attachments

#11 ·
Brian, I read recently about a guy that took one of those Mercedes camper vans on a 960 mile trip and averaged about 19mpg. That's not bad for a 4 wheeled bed and breakfast.

The 3 liter diesel in those is almost identical in hp and torque to the Motori diesel in the new Ram truck. My dream camper rig these days would be a 4WD single cab 8' bed Ram 1500 diesel with a FourWheel pop up camper on it. The truck would cost<35K and the camper would be 14K to which I would add 5K worth of options. I would expect something north of 20mpg and plenty of power to cross those high mouontain passes. And when it wasn't doing RV duty the camper would live in the barn and I'd have a helluva rig for general truck duty. All for thousands less than the price of an F-250 Crew Cab FX-4 Powerstroke with an empty bed.

Ive

#16 ·
He's an outdoor photographer. But the older Ford 4x4 van just sits. But he drives the newer one all the time.

#22 ·
Near perfect Jeremy. Drop it off in your new 'hood and go fish. Trailer's waiting when you're done, with enough room to cook, eat and sleep. Set up a tarp outside for lounging around camp and your set. What more does a guy need?
I've been admiring those "tear drop" style trailers too. Easy tows for a small truck.

#24 ·
Don't go ga-ga over those classic VW Westfalias either! If you really want to check them out, look at GoWesty's website at their vans for sale. I saw a full bells&whistles Syncro-their 4WD version-on the site for $128,000!! They got it, too! Hell, mine's a steal at 14 grand!

#26 ·
Mark, just to "one up you", the ultimate would be the Sikorsky camper I saw once on the telly. Can't find a link right now but as a cargo chopper on floats, there were few amenities it didn't have. Somewhere North of 2M. That was 10 years ago at least so its likely out of my range today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.