Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just got back from Duvall

42K views 538 replies 42 participants last post by  Olive bugger 
#1 ·
Snoqualmie is running high and dirty as sin. NO surprise there.

May be fishable by week end, but I donno.

#16 ·
Ahh! .....The good old days of Duvall! Hitch posts and whiskey!
About 20 yrs ago Duvall proper started on its path to being a full fledged suburban community. Its been down hill ever since.

TC

#9 ·
Duvall- I liked it better when Big Rock Rd. actually had a rock in the middle of it.
And when the Silver Spoon was still there (the old one - in the old Grange Hall!)
I built myself my first home off of that road a few decades back.

#14 ·
You can get a great REUBEN SANDWICH in DuvalL. Do they have guided tours to the BIG ROCK?

OMJ, not only traffic lights, they have painted cross walks, with orange pedestrian flags at the corners, and a divided roadway, a boulevard down Main street.

Ok, so I can't spell Reubens worth a dime.

#15 ·
You can get a great RUEBEN SANDWICH in DuvalL. Do they have guided tours to the BIG ROCK?

OMJ, not only traffic lights, they have painted cross walks, with orange pedestrian flags at the corners, and a divided roadway, a boulevard down Main street.
And sidewalks too!

K

Reactions: Olive bugger
#32 ·
Is that the one?
Geez, I was trying to say something nice about the current state of the situation there.
I'll try the Reubens next time through. Sounds like a bright spot. What's the name of the place?
I still like Duvall - lots of memories there, and it's still a cool little town on the outskirts of civilization here in the NW in my mind.
Duvall Cafe on Main street about two blocks south of the bridge light.
East side of the street.

#41 ·
Somehow I don't think this thread went the way the OP anticipated. It's been fun, though!

I look forward to my next visit to Duvall more than ever now. Of course, I'll have to remember my passport and get some innoculations first, but my mouth is watering for that Rueben sandwich!
D
Richard,
You really must go. It's a bit off the beaten path, but as I understand it, it has evolved into quite a quaint and bustling little village on the farthest reaches of what is known as "the eastside".
Rumor has it that most of the old dirty "greasy spoons" have been replaced (with one exception), and it's fairly bursting at the seams with romantic, chique little sidewalk cafes serving the local favorite plate of "to die for" poutine.
And when your palate has been satiated, you can cast directly from the Main St. sidewalks to the swarms of willing salmon reportedly on their spawning run to the frosty cold headwaters of the mighty Snoqualmie R.! What a way to end the day!
Duvall, the Paris of the west!
(all done tongue in cheek - I still like Duvall!).

#44 ·
Hey, I've been thru Duvall when it was just a wide spot on the highway. Hell my first time thru there was about 40 years ago. I was headed to the Forks of the Snoqualmie when the S/F jumped out of it's banks and took out part of I 90. Quite a sight to see.

#49 ·
Ah, glad you found this thread wadin' boot.
I think I remember that episode. Duvall "through the back door", wasn't it called?
I'm hoping this trend in progress doesn't continue in the next valley to the north.
Can you imagine? Startup evolves into the next Redmond, and lil' old Baring ends up being the next Duvall...
I guess that would mean Goldbar would be the next Bellevue!

#53 ·
Went back to Paris, er Duvall again today. Shopped this time, at the hardware store. Reminds me of the Mall of America, somewhat.

Anyway, Duvall is alive and well on Friday afternoon, Folks were sitting at the tables on the sidewalk, in front of the Duvall Grill, enjoying a libation and sunshine.

River is falling and albeit dark, looks to be fishable.

Maybe tomorrow.

#54 ·
Went back to Paris, er Duvall again today. Shopped this time, at the hardware store. Reminds me of the Mall of America, somewhat.

Anyway, Duvall is alive and well on Friday afternoon, Folks were sitting at the tables on the sidewalk, in front of the Duvall Grill, enjoying a libation and sunshine.

River is falling and albeit dark, looks to be fishable.

Maybe tomorrow.
I hope you didn't get lost there.......................It's so big you know.

#55 ·
Well, what a coincidence. I also went to Duvall yesterday and I went to the hardware store to get some fast set epoxy. While I was there I also went to the post office to pick up my mail, The grocery store for some milk and yogurt. The library to return some books and videos as well as pick up some stuff I had on hold and last but not least the bookstore also to pick up some books they had on hold for my wife. Whew! It was an exciting and fulfilling trip. Unfortunately I didn't look at the river.

This morning I will be returning to the hardware store as I discovered I need a 1/4" dowel and some small rubber bumpers for the same project that I needed the epoxy for. I can report back on that when I return.

Maybe we should make this thread a sticky to keep a running report on all our visits to the Paris of the west.

TC

Reactions: Olive bugger
#56 ·
Well, what a coincidence. I also went to Duvall yesterday and I went to the hardware store to get some fast set epoxy. While I was there I also went to the post office to pick up my mail, The grocery store for some milk and yogurt. The library to return some books and videos as well as pick up some stuff I had on hold and last but not least the bookstore also to pick up some books they had on hold for my wife. Whew! It was an exciting and fulfilling trip. Unfortunately I didn't look at the river.

This morning I will be returning to the hardware store as I discovered I need a 1/4" dowel and some small rubber bumpers for the same project that I needed the epoxy for. I can report back on that when I return.

Maybe we should make this thread a sticky to keep a running report on all our visits to the Paris of the west.

TC
Prezactly like I said. Mall of America on a local scene.

Maybe I was that guy behind you in the cashier's line.
I bought a bird feeder and some Moss out. We have moss.
Imagine that. We also have birds. My wife thinks I am for the birds.

#62 ·
Well, Phil, I would expect that they have birds. At least I did see a black raven or was it a crow? One can never be sure. It was black, however I did not hear it utter the phrase NEVERMORE. Maybe it was a crow.

I did not see chickadees, robins, eagles, nor hummingbirds, however.
There were a few chicks walking along the thoroughfare, but I suspect that they would not meet the criteria of birds.

Perhaps one of the residents of Duvall will jump in with some solid intel and give us the run down on the aerial denizens of Duvall.
If they were to throw in a fish report, that would be a bonus.

Reactions: Porter
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.