Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just got back from Duvall

42K views 538 replies 42 participants last post by  Olive bugger 
#1 ·
Snoqualmie is running high and dirty as sin. NO surprise there.

May be fishable by week end, but I donno.

#164 ·
I hope to drive through Duvall this week, as I do I will think of this thread and what I might be able to add of value to this lovely and interesting on-going topic of Duvall, WA. :p
Remember to obey the traffic laws. Will you be going Northbound or
Southbound? Although DUVALL, cosmopolitan as it is, does not have a fly shop, there is one further south, in Carnation. But that is another town ship and another story.

#167 ·
Donno Jim. My last trip through there the sign read, "CLOSED"
I stopped in to see what he had once day, and he tried to convert me
to two hand fishing. I sometimes have trouble finding both hands so
why would I want a rod with two grips?

Golfman, the shop is on the south end of town on the east side of the street. It is an
old house with a sign on the front. I believe the name of it is River Run or somesuch
name. Just bring your money and walk in. He will sell you a brand new Spey rod and
some line and maybe a new reel. Noooooo Problemo.

#183 ·
I suspect that Duvall is just preparing for the Halloween festival and
pumpkin roast. I think I will dress some orange and black flies for my fly box to carry with me on the evening of the 31st. A journey to DUVALL would certainlly be in order.

#187 ·
remember when you got into an altercation in what would become Duvall with Kenniwick man on the correct technique of taking a mammoth down with a clovis point spear and he was all, no way old man, you take 'em with a Folsom point, clovis points are for zombie pink flossing centerpinning bead-hucking ladyboys and then you cold cocked him one right in his massive cave-man simian wanna-be brow? That was nuts...

#188 ·
AH HA! AH CONTRAIRE!

Why just this afternoon as I was passing down Main Street, young love was in bloom. A young lady was taking the picture of a young man, in front of a local establishment. Both had their faces painted with the look of adoration and surrender. It was all so romantic. DUVALL will do that to young lovers.

#189 ·
AH HA! AH CONTRAIRE!

Why just this afternoon as I was passing down Main Street, young love was in bloom. A young lady was taking the picture of a young man, in front of a local establishment. Both had their faces painted with the look of adoration and surrender. It was all so romantic. DUVALL will do that to young lovers.
Gonna take my slam piece to Duvall for our anniversary

#195 ·
So do you say DU-vall, or DuhVALL?

I prefer the former, as in, "When driving through DU-vall make sure you got IN-surance on yer VEE-hickle."
That would depend on which side of the Snoqualmie that you live.

Those further east would be more prone to pronounce it as DU-vall, but not all. Those to the west, being of a lesser caste would use the Pronunciation of duh-VALL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.