Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

• · Registered
    208 Posts
    Hey, Larry, How goes it with you? Can you send me your email address? I've got some info I'd like to
    share with you about my fly fishing book. Maybe Mark mentioned it.

Paul

· "Chasing Riseforms"
    4,863 Posts
    Hi Paul. Yeah, it is dryflylarry@gmail.com
    G

·
    I grew up in Lake Quinault...fished a bit. Now we live in Ellensburg and have a cabin in Brinnon. My son, 11 years old, was absolutely born with the hunting and fishing gene of his grandfathers. We are novice fly fishermen. We are spending most of the summer in Brinnon and would enjoy getting some expert advice or lessons from someone like you. If you are ever available or willing please let us know....

· Registered
    5,250 Posts
    Those guys jumpin' you on the bridge comment were out of line IMO
    Always fight the good fight

· Registered
    1 Posts
    Do you still have the mount? My great grandfather would have mounted it. Not quite the artist as his grandson my Dad, but long-lasting quality. Any idea on shipping costs? I know the weight isn't much, but the size is. What ever prompted your Dad to share this with you? Can you e-mail me at cschleyer14@gmail.com?

· Registered
    2,317 Posts
    Nice to meet you today in Silverdale.
    Jack Devlin

· "Chasing Riseforms"
    4,863 Posts
    Hey, you too Jack. It was a pleasure. I thought your last name was "Dee". My mistake. Maybe see you or fish with you on the water one of these days. -Larry

· Registered
    2 Posts
    Larry,
    How is the fishing for searun cutthroat on Hood Canal during the summer months? Are the src more available to the fly fisher during spring and fall when they concentrated near estuaries and disperse during the summer months? There doesn't seem to be much current in HC so it must be a different strategy of fishing. Thanks.
    Salty6
    Reactions: dryflylarry

· "Chasing Riseforms"
    4,863 Posts
    Salty. I usually get interested in some lakes about now. Last two times out for cutts in the last month was very slow. I usually don't chase them much in the summer. My theory is you need to catch a AM tide in order to avoid warm water that beats on the sand and rocks during the day. I figure it warms the water and sends the fish into deeper water. Fall fishing is the best in my book, Sept., Oct., November.

· Michael Hayes
    35 Posts
    Hi Larry,

I have been using an old white wood stove for close to 17 years and hope to keep cooking with wood from here on out. My stove's fire box is falling apart. I know you want the cash and you're asking very little for what your stove is worth. I am somewhat embarrassed to even offer you this trade deal, but, If... you would like many years of free camping up here at Vogler Lake and a "promise" of full payment sometime next year, I would grateful.

Also, I am thinning my forest this year and will be cutting it up into firewood for next winter. Would firewood interest you?

· flyfishing addict
    416 Posts
    Hey Larry, I believe I fished with you at LP last week, I wondered if this may be you or not. Good to talk with you, even better swapping fishing stories. Have a great day....fish on!
    JB

· Registered
    1,581 Posts
    Larry,
    I was on the Thurston County Planning Commission for 4 years. Never did a fly fishing organization ever show up at a hearing, ever. To complain without voicing an opinion is somewhat hypocritical. i write my elected officials about all kinds of things both negative or positive. I figure if I want to complain, and I'm not too much of a complainer, if you don't voice your opinion then don't complain.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…