Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Learned skills from George Dickel
    476 Posts
    You said there were some books or resources on places in WA that still have gold?

· dirty dog
    5,329 Posts
    try a google search, placer gold in WA, gold claims in WA. I have "Mining in the Pacific Northwest by L.K. Hodges I had a hard time getting this book 20 yrs ago. Look up GPAA, Gold shows, there is an annual show in western WA and other prospector clubs put on annual shows also around the state. Happy prospecting

· Registered
    1 Posts
    Hello Gary. My name is Mike Sollars and I was recently introduced to one of your great dogs (owned by a gent named Eric in Mount Vernon) and my wife, kids, and I were all instantly talking about adding another member of the family. Eric was nice enough to give me your name. I am wondering if you have any puppies available, or if you are planning a litter any time soon. If you are, we are interested. Thanks.

· dirty dog
    5,329 Posts
    Hi Mike
    I do have a litter of six right now. One of the boys is spoken for so that leaves two females and three males. They will be four weeks old on Monday the 17th. My ph# is 509 699-1977 my email address is fuzgye@yahoo.com
    Give me a call and send me an email and I'll att. some pics
    G

·
    interested in tying a few fly's for Alaska?

· dirty dog
    5,329 Posts
    Sure, what, how many, and how soon. I'm going to be one armed after the 25th and won't be able to tie for about a month. Shoulder surgry

189 Posts
    Thanks for the response and advice. I will definitely let you know when I'm coming over to fish the Ford. Probably in November late. Thanks again!
    G

·
    Gary - I read a post indicating you tied flies here in the US? I'm looking for a US tyer to stock a small fly shop now and then.... interesting in talking?

· dirty dog
    5,329 Posts
    Warren, I don't know how I missed this note. Anyway, sorry. No I'm not interested in tying for a shop. I do hope you are doing well. Thanks

· Registered
    315 Posts
    dropping by to say hi! its been a while. Hope things are going well><>

· dirty dog
    5,329 Posts
    norcal51
    I'm retiring the end of Sept. and plan a trip to MT for October.
    I think I would like to spend two or three days fishing in your neighborhood, it would be a great time if you could join me.

· Registered
    315 Posts
    let me know the dates and i will see what i can do. good to hear from ya.

· dirty dog
    5,329 Posts
    I'll keep you posted

· Registered
    160 Posts
    Gary, thanks for responding. My wife and I want to spend a wrkend on the river. We haven't been there before and will stay at a motel for a couple of nights. We have watermasters and are used to clas3 water. I have done plenty of steelheading so don't need any advice. Just hoping to spend a few days floating a new river and checking out the local scene. Feel free to contact me for info up my way if you need it.
    Dave

· Registered
    2 Posts
    Hi Gary my name is Danny, I am probably behind the times as well, I am 35. That was my attempt at making you laugh. I was merely saying maybe we should see if we get along before we go spilling our guts about our favorite patterns. You probably would'nt want to help some jerk catch fish, and either would I. I'm just a family man who loves to tie flies and catch fish. I apologize if I offended you with the scud dangler comment, but I know some people use that technique to snag fish. Anyway I'll see you on the board, and maybe we can meet at the ford sometime. sorry im not funny. Danny

· dirty dog
    5,329 Posts
    Hi Danny
    A plus side to getting old is you will forget things.
    I don't remember what you would need to apologize for.
    So ya want to go dangle some scuds, all right with me.
    I find that snagging fish is easier with a bright orange glow bug. O, well ya got to catch em some how.
    Tight lines to you.
    Gary
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…