Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

1,399 Posts
    Hey Jesse I just posted my rant about yesterday on the private site. If it's still open i'd be interested.

· Banned
    295 Posts
    Hey, wanna go flog the water next week on the Sky in the evening? I can't spey cast for shit, so I need to practice. Blow out of town around 4? Let me know.

· Just an Old Man
    35,141 Posts
    I take it that you don't much care for me. Why don't you just ignore what I write and go on to other things.. Things would be better for both of us.

· Registered
    3,852 Posts
    Check with Asko Anodizing down in the Ballard district. The do a lot of marine anodizing.
    Perhaps they can fix your reel up like new.
    Olive bugger,
    AKA Charlie

· The Whisky Guy
    532 Posts
    Good to meet you today, man. Had a blast. We should do it again soon. Give me a call & we'll take the Clackacraft out. You're welcome aboard anytime.

Breck Taylor
    Lynnwood, WA
    360-609-1629
    breckt@mastersofwhisky.com

· Banned
    10,364 Posts
    Steve is thinking early to mid December until the next batch of fish are in... so now we hope for normal rain and water levels... always a crap shoot from now through next April. I'll keep you posted.

· Banned
    10,364 Posts
    Hi Jesse,
    I have an inquiry into Steve Buckner about a guided spey trip (and lessons which I desperately need). I don't recall in our conversations if you spey fish? Let me know if you would be interested in splitting the trip. I' pretty sure he is only guiding the Cowlitz.
    Take care,
    Bill

· Long Lost Member
    20,408 Posts
    You should have joined us. The weather, scenery and company was excellent. The fishing was pretty damn good too.

· Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin
    459 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm planning a weekend float down the Deschutes in Oregon soon, you in?

· Yes, I said "bobi-cator"
    117 Posts
    Hi Jesse,

How'd you do the rest of Saturday? I'll be headed back down there next Sunday/Monday. Was fun to fish with you!

· Love'em - N - Leave'em
    95 Posts
    Hey Jesse,

Winter's my favorite time there. That's when all the big fish come out to play and you have the water pretty much to yourself. Total nymph / streamer game. Think stones, green caddis larva, worms and mix it up from there. Olive is usually best for me as far as streamer rigs go, with a sink tip, fairly heavy. I've found that a simple slow swing is best during the winter. If you find some nervous water (water with a chop) hit that hard. Otherwise look for the slow deep slots and don't ignore the deeper "frog" water.

The fish are going to be lethargic and they're looking for slower water to hang out in when not feeding. When they do feed they'll move into a little faster stuff but not to fast, almost a steelhead type of flow. If the river bottom is sandy, move on. Because they are lethargic and the waters cold it'll take them longer to recover so please land them quickly.

Hope that helps

Patrick
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…