Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

• · Registered
    28 Posts
    Matt, how has your experience been with the tfo tricr conversion kit? Hood it remained a good performing spey rod for you?

· Resident Swinger
    1,762 Posts
    I've actually used it quite a bit over the years! It's not my 'go to' rod, but I think it works better than people give it credit for. It's also nice to have for a backup too.

· Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
    5,768 Posts
    Matthew, Where did you get your profile picture from?

· Resident Swinger
    1,762 Posts
    Hi Bob. I actually took it with my iPhone late one night at a bachelor party in my friends yard in Seattle. was a nice full moon that night.

· Friendly
    2,006 Posts
    Hi Mat I saw that you bought the Galvin torque 8. It is a killer reel. I have been trying to get a silver reel housing. I like having my reels and spools different colors. I was wondering if you would be interested in trading a Bronze Reel housing for your silver reel housing.

· Long Lost Member
    20,408 Posts
    Never calls, never writes, is he still alive and fishing? Sorry I missed you last weekend out on the OP. Is there any possible timing left for you before the arrival?

· Praying to the rain gods for mercy
    38 Posts
    This is Joel from the Hoh back in March. Brophy mentioned we should link up since he is out of commission for the moment. I live in oly and I have a boat. I hear you are the man for SRC's. I suggest we go hit penrose point or some other beach.

· Resident Swinger
    1,762 Posts
    I stopped by the Washoughal today and it was in good shape. I am planning on hitting it tomorrow, either early am, or afternoon. they have a hatchery there, and an old FF dude i talked with today said that the folks at the fly shop told him that this is the time. Seeing as the water was high last week and is still dropping i think the timing is on...now let's see if we can get a fish on! If you think you want to go Sunday let me know.

· Registered
    20 Posts
    Yeah - looks doubtful for the Kalama. Mitch and I are looking at the Wynochee for this weekend. It's regulated and looks to be dropping in. But are the fish there???? Maybe Saturday? Not sure at this point.

Silvers on the Narrows sounds cool. Let me know your plans.

· Resident Swinger
    1,762 Posts
    When I drove by on MOnday it was still high and very dirty, as was every other river I saw. I can stop on my way up and get a better idea of how things are looking. I was hoping on wetting a line on friday, but not so sure that will happen. I also might be up for doing some fishing on sunday, maybe go to the narrows and try and target some silvers. I'll let you know. would be great to get out and fish with you one of these days!

· Registered
    20 Posts
    Dinker - if you get a chance to check out the Kalama; can you let me know how it's looking? Probably wishful thinking but would like to maybe get down there this weekend.

· Registered
    20 Posts
    Dinker - Buy one and keep it at my house. I won't tell. Let's go halves on the one I want until you can get one and we can float some rivers. Think of what that would be like. Miles of riverfront for the taking. Everyman needs more boats - you know that.
    SummitFlyGuy

· Resident Swinger
    1,762 Posts
    Hey there dude. I just sent you a link to some pics of the Kalama...crazy shit! Yes, I do need a pontoon boat, but my wife would have my balls if I got one right now, as I'm buying a computer this week. I was hoping to hit the Kalama or Cowlitz this next friday, but I don't think the rivers will be in shape by then. Maybe another week???
    Cheers,
    Dinker
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…