Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
N

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    6 Posts
    I’m visiting my brother the first week of April in Bellingham. What is open for fishIng at that time of year?

· Registered
    11,260 Posts
    Hey David, in April there is sea run cutthroat, resident coho, and the occasional blackmouth.. That time of year is right about the time of the chum fry out migration which makes for some exciting fishing. The coho are getting fat that time of year as well. Lots of great fishing. Just an FYI, it's a bit of a drive from Bellingham to the waters that fish well that time of year. Probably looking at 2-3 hr drive.

· Registered
    11,260 Posts
    Just an FYI... I live right by the Kingston ferry so if you were interested you could always drive to the Edmonds ferry and walk across and I could pick you up and go from there

· Registered
    61 Posts
    Hello Nick:
    It was a while ago, but did you ever sell your Ross Momentum? I found your post on a search. Steve

· Registered
    5,250 Posts
    Hey Nick
    I probably should have asked you this the other day but what does it cost to book you for a day of fishing

· Registered
    205 Posts
    Hey Nick, I'm fishing the east side of area 9. Do you guys do any good on an out going tide? Would I be wasting my time?...I'm fishing from my small boat.

· Registered
    11,260 Posts
    Rich, every location fishes differently. There is no magic right answer in regards to tides. Some of my favorite spots fish best on a large outgoing like tomorrow morning. Others don't fish as well. I've caught fish through all stages of all tides. The key is to spend enough time at any one location to get it figured out. The biggest key is to just fish. You never know.

· Registered
    11,260 Posts
    Definitely not wasting your time.

· Registered
    205 Posts
    Thanks

· Registered
    12 Posts
    Nick, any interest in a trade for a never fished loomis native run glx 890-4.

· Registered
    11,260 Posts
    Hey lons, sorry but I'm just trying to raise funds for some upcoming trips. Thanks though, that's a sweet stick for sure

· Registered
    32 Posts
    Hey Nick, I know you don't know me so use me as a last resort if any your regulars don't fill your boat. My brother Dylan is in the fly business is pretty well known around the area got me addicted to fishing for salmon. I tie all my own bugs that caught coho last year so I'm not that much of a noob. I would be in for food, fuel or whatever. If not no biggie. Thx. Justin Rose 425-466-6608

· Registered
    11,260 Posts
    Hi Craig. I would describe the action as med-fast maybe a Tad on the faster side. I used this rod for beach fishing and out of my float tube. The extra length is great for keeping line out of the rocks and such. Ill snap some pictures when I get home tonight and send your way. It really is a nice little rod.

· Registered
    511 Posts
    Hi Nick,
    I am interested in the 10' Airflo, can you send me some pics and info please? What kind of action is it?

Thanks in advance

Craig
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…