Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    27 Posts
    Hello,

I saw you listed on the mentors post for fly tiers. I just bought my first set of tying tools and a vise and I'm was hoping to get some suggestions on good flies to start with. Do you have some good beginner tips in terms of easy flies, flies I'll use in the Seattle area, or any other tips for me? I appreciate the help!

Brian

· Registered
    50 Posts
    Richard,

Thanks so much for the information about your experiences in Argentina. Based on your input I am in contact with the folks at Hosteria Chemehuen. . After fishing we will head to the Atlantic coast and Buenos Aires. Again, I really appreciate hearing about your experiences in Junin de los Andes.

· Registered
    186 Posts
    Have you had issues recently with the Hi-Lakers website? I have not been able to access to forum or the members only site. Have you been able to get out this summer? I have been pretty busy with a home remodel. I was able to get out last weekend in the leavenworth area. Caught a beautiful 18-19" cutty on my 3 wt with a dry :) Didn't have a camera for a pic though :(

· Registered
    2 Posts
    Saw your earlier post on the JH special. It came up in a google search. Ever find anything? Did some searching years back when the inventor passed.

· Registered
    7 Posts
    Richard; I was hiking into Big Elk Creek ( a tiny Coeur d' Alene river tributary) after a 8 hour guide day and I didn't take my pack w/ the toilet paper and needed a natural choice. Do not ever use white false hellebore! It looks perfect with it's large leaves but will strip you of your waders and leave you sitting in the water for hours. I looked it up and it was listed in my field guide as poisonous but whatever the toxin is it is capable of being highly absorbed by mucousal tissue and litterally feels like you have wiped with habennaro peppers.....only the sensation waits a few minutes to come on so you blindly finnish your business, pull up your waders and go back to fishing and then all hell breaks loose! Nice to know someone who would appreciate this. I've used several plants with large leaves for this purpose and never had an issue...guess I know better now!
    Good Fishing.....G.L. Britton

· eat more fruit
    93 Posts
    Hi Dick,

I'd love to send you the PowerPoint images from our farm manager. We're in the middle of our cranberry harvest and was concerned about ash cover but it's being blown S.E.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…