Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    0 Posts
    Hey Steve this is Tholen, had a wonderful time meeting you and Lou out at C Lake today! Tight Lines!

· FISHON206
    4,939 Posts
    Hey Tholen,
    Likewise, enjoyed bs’n with you too. Interesting name.....and it’s Lue, he’ll get pissed if you don’t spell it correctly! Good luck at school, stay safe and hope to see you on the water again.
    Steve

· Registered
    944 Posts
    We should take our bamboo fly rods fishing some time. Where do you fish? I've been hiking my float tube into high lakes and have been fishing streams but will be shifting over to salt water in the next month. I've thought it would be fun to host a bamboo outing on Taneum Creek next summer.

· FISHON206
    4,939 Posts
    Hi Dave,
    I mainly fish lakes, (drive to....but I'm not lazy) the only moving water I fished this year was the South Platte with my son. Great dry fly action! I live 5 mins away from a nice beach where I fish or SRC'S and rezzies. My buddy Lue and I fish lakes all over the state year around...with bamboo. Post the outing and see what kind of response you get.

· Registered
    944 Posts
    Do you use a bamboo rod in the salt? My friend just bought an impregnated 9'6" orvis bamboo rod for the salt but it's overkill. 7 oz and an 8 weight. Good for windy days. I've thought about buying a wright and mcgill water seal for the salt. If you're willing to walk 30 min with a float tube on your back I know a lake just east of snoqualmie pass which is loaded with brookies.

· Registered
    944 Posts

· Registered
    39 Posts
    I saw your response to id the English bamboo rods. I have an old Hardy (1926) in great condition that is missing the eye on the butt section. Can you recommend a rod builder specializing in finding original parts and restoring it. Thanks, Ray ray@montanariverlodge.com
    G

·
    I'll try to give you A weeks notice if I can. I am A machinist and my work schedule is just nuts. I appreciate your help and am looking foreword to meeting you fishing with you. My email address is flyfisher@net-venture.com , so if you happen down this way fire off A email and we'll make it happen
    G

·
    Seve I am rick the guy that talked to you at MUNN LAKE a COUPLE WEEKS AGO. I would like to get together at Munn some time. If you would let me know how to gear up; lines ,flies ,indicators etc. that would be great. Looking foreword to meeting face to face

· FISHON206
    4,939 Posts
    Hi Rick, dry line, chironomids like bloodworms, chromies, all black work well. I prefer Phil Rowley's quick release indicators, although most bobber fishing at Munn is around 10' so most indicators will work. My email is skskathome@msn,com let me know when you're going fishing. Not sure when I'll be there again, lots of lakes to fish!!

· Registered
    362 Posts
    ITs been going good! i really need to get new gear though, its starting to fall apart on me! but im making it work. 2010 was part major success and major failure. Finally figured out how to catch carp and hooked up into 3 steelhead but my boat its falling apart so i need to again look for a new one. Someone threw rocks at it again and put a hole in the bottom. I was really hoping to get to the hoh down this year, but the planned it 2 days before i get my license, so i can't drive up there.

· Registered
    935 Posts
    Steve, glad to hear you're having fun, especially fishing your banty rod on the Columbia Basin Lakes. I've always found it challenging to hook fish when using a short rod on lakes, and usually stick with 8-9' rods for that type of fishing.

I think I told you that I made another tip section for my 12' spey rod, based on suggestions from Canadian rod maker Bob Clay. Bob also mentioned using Minwax wipe-on poly as a finish, so I tried it. It went on easily and appears to add a bit more protection than the oil finishes. I need to get out & fish the rod to see how it holds up!

Tom
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…