Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bellingham Casting Practice

Spey 
2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  TrevorH 
#1 ·
As a follow up to Golfman's thread on 15'ers, I thought we might make use of a thread to more generally discuss practicing and set times to meet for casting, at least until our rivers re-open, at which point I should immediately lose interest.

I'll likely try to make it out once or twice this weekend. If anyone wants to meet, let me know here or via pm. I'll be casting either a T&T 1206-3 or a Lamiglas LS 1256, with a chopped dry line.

As far as a location, I liked Bloedel Park, but am open to other options.

#2 ·
Josh & I are going to meet up at Bloedel Donovan Park today at 1:00pm. He'll be bringing an Anglers Roost 11' 2/3, and I'll be bringing a CND Spey Tracker 12'2" 4/5/6, if anyone has an interest in casting a couple lighter rods. If there aren't a ton of people at the park, we'll be over at the docks. Otherwise, we'll be in the swimming area.

#5 ·
I have a vested interest in seeing how Josh's 2/3 switch rod performs. Josh, give me a call before the next time, and I'll bring an assortment of single-hand reels and lines.

I also have my Bargain Basement Special, which I built for less than $50.

#6 ·
Let me know next time you go out, I'll see if I can show up on the right day.

#11 ·
Would it be possible for me (a fresh newbie) to join in on some of these casting practices? It would probably be beneficial for me just to watch the pros at work!
I don't fit into the pro category, but you would be more than welcome in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.