`05 Loop Evotec vs `06 Evotec G3

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by chrome-addict, Oct 21, 2006.

1. chrome-addict

chrome-addict New Member

Does anyone own the Loop Evotec G3? It's supposed to be improved over it's predecessor. Any opinions/thoughts?

2. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

you should contact All About The Fly, one of our board sponsors.
    they stock Loop Reels and Rods www.allaboutthefly.com

3. gt

gt Active Member

is someone new making reels with the loop logo on it????

4. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

No, or I should say no to my knowledge. Castaway in CDA will be the carrying Loop everything in a month or so.

5. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Loops new reels are manufactured out of Korea... part of the reason Danielsson split with them. I guess they didn't like the idea that their reel designs were being whored out to the lowest bidder?

6. gt

gt Active Member

thanks flyborg, i kind of thought the split between loop and danielson was permanent. its good to remember that the ORIGINAL mfg of the 'loop' reels was in fact danielson, and you can still order them direct. some of the very best reels i own.

7. loop tried to find a lower bidder to make the reels behind danielsson's back and they somehow found out that they were doing it so they quit their partnership with loop and now are putting their own names on the reel

8. chrome-addict

chrome-addict New Member

Thanks guys, for the reality check. Wasn't aware of the details of the Danielsson/Loop split. Makes sense to me now who makes the superior product.