FS 2000 Yamaha 3hp 2-stroke outboard short shaft

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by yellowlab, Nov 8, 2013.

1. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    Very fuel efficient short shaft outboard, premix with 100:1 with the built in tank. Runs for many hours on one fill up. Manual trim, pull start. Prop is in great shape, Stand is not included.

2O6-261- Zero 226 call or text

$600

Attached Files:

2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,108 / 1
    I could be interested, what did you have this on? I'm looking to put something like this on my Spring Creek Pram. I attempted an older motor, but I think the shaft was too short. How long is this shaft?
  3. yellowlab Active Member

I've used it on prams up to 12' Jon boats, anything with a 15"-20" transom is perfect. It's a short shaft which is 15"
  4. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +402 / 0
    Ira,
    Your "spidey sense" on the water... you NEED that spidey trike in the background. Bundle it up with the outboard :)

Paul - How much does a 3hp 2-stroke Yamaha weigh? 30lbs? Would you used this on a Smith boat?
  5. yellowlab Active Member

Hi Jeff, believe its 38 lbs. A Smith could take it but would use a piece of 1x4 to mount.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  6. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +706 / 0
    What about a Koffler pram?
  7. yellowlab Active Member

Jim, I had this motor on my 8' Rogue and pushed it with my dad and I, marine cooler with ice, and measured the speed on a handheld GPS at 5 mph. Not going to win any speed records and or get you onto plane with the rocker design of the prams but it beats having to row any distances longer than a mile. We put a little over 4 nautical miles with it and it runs like a champ. I got it for use on BC lakes, and it places like Coffeepot where outboards are allowed. However I never got to use it in in such places as my time is limited with two young boys. I'll need a bigger boat and larger outboard to accommodate them. Hence the reason for the garage cleaning.
  8. yellowlab Active Member

If anyone wants to know how fuel efficient Yamaha outboards are, in 1999 a 4hp 4-stroke broke the Guinness book of world records and ran over 10 hours and almost 68 miles on 1 gallon of gas. Each time I run the fuel out of the carb it takes a few minutes from turning off the delivery switch for it to sputter out. Friends with other little kickers have to re-fuel as their not to mention outboards suck down the petrol. I keep all my outboards fired up regularly throughout the year to ensure that things are lubricanted and nothing gets seized and or varnished when fishing season is in force. I always use non-ethanol fuel and Yamalube where applicable.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  9. yellowlab Active Member

No show and outboard is still available.
  10. yellowlab Active Member

Weekend bump!
  11. yellowlab Active Member

Price drop, $550
  12. yellowlab Active Member

13. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,036 / 1
    If this was a long shaft I'd have been on this like a duck on a junebug.
  14. yellowlab Active Member

Bump up to the top!
  15. yellowlab Active Member

Bump, also see my ad for the Montauk. I'll throw this motor in to a Wff member that buys the boat which I just reduced the price.