2011 NW PHWFF 2 fly tournament

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by Jerry Daschofsky, May 18, 2011.

1. (from Chuck Tye)

Hello all,

It is that time again to start getting ready for the 2nd Annual Project Healing Waters 2 Fly on the Yakima River. There will be more emails to follow as we get further into the planning but here are details we know;

Who: Northwest Project Healing Waters veterans and volunteers.

What: 2 Fly Fishing Contest ((same venue as last year. 1 vet, 1 volunteer per drift boat (=’s a team) with two flies each only 2 patterns. The drift boat rower is also the rower/judge. Each team will have a section of the river to fish in a set timeframe. More to follow on the venue and rules))

When: Saturday 20 August 2011.

Where: Yakima River Washington is the river to be fished. We will be staying at the Ellensburg KOA group tent area on Friday and Saturday night (19-20 August). No change from Last year and yes Jerry D. will be the camp chef for the event. (If you don’t fish you will be a fool not to eat his chow)

Why: Because we can and it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

*****Last note, if you would like to donate prizes for our participants (either as an award or a raffle prize) contact me and I will square you away. Thank you all for your help.....Jerry your friendly (sometimes) Moderator.

2. I'll be there for KP duty, truck shuttle, and what every else needs to happens.

- Thomas
    OIF Veteran

3. Chuck and I are doing a recon trip this weekend. Will get stuff squared away at the KOA, flyshops, and some locals who are helping out in the E'burg area. :)

4. Jerry & Chuck

I was great to see you both at Troutwater Fly Shop in Ellensburg. I am looking forward to patricipating in this years event. I will be there with my boat and room for two awsome anglers. And as always I thank you for your work with Project Healing Waters and for your service. this is such an awsome cause, nothing more rewarding than having a vet tell me he had a great day on the water!!! They have done so much for all of us, it is the very least I can do....

Jim Allen

P.S. I will need a new hat! The old one is getting very worn...

5. Yes SIR! New hat will be presented at the 2 fly. :)