7/23 MA9 report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Rob Ast, Jul 23, 2013.

1. I hit the beaches for the first time this year. I was at a popular Kitsap county locale at 5:00, with the beach already holding a fair number of anglers. I saw a few fish taken sporadically, but no big pods passing through. Two fish to hand, and I called it a morning at 8:30.

IMG_0943.JPG

2. I am so JEALOUS.

3. Damn, nice work!

That was possibly the most low-key post to end with "two to hand" ever!

4. Actually, the whole morning was pretty low key, so that fits. Interestingly both fish hit within 20 feet of the rod, so no prolonged battles as I tried to get them in. It was pretty much "clamp down and surf them into the beach".

5. That's great man. Glad you found some fish either way. I'm getting excited for them to start finding their way a little closer to me.

Have fun out there.

J

6. Rob,
    Nice report, fish....and basket! ;)
    SF

7. Nice work Rob! Glad to hear you hooked them so close since I can only cast 21 ft.

8. Nice work!

9. Nice work! And 'Ho's to boot!

10. Thanks for the report. Still pretty hit or miss right now it seems. Glad you got it on a "hit" day! Monday at a different MA9 beach, our group of 3 had 4 hookups and 2 fish to the beach (pinks). That was the only action for anyone on the beach all morning except a king caught on herring.

11. Way to step up to the slot machine for the first time this year, pull the handle, and hit the jackpot!

12. wait... where are my Ho's?

Nice Fish Rob! What kind of fly did you get them on?

13. Different area codes...

Denny and wadin' boot like this.
  14. Nice Rob!

15. I'll be hitting probably the same popular beach on my way to Neah Bay Friday morning. Let me know if you'll be making another appearance.

16. Boot, fly was a no-name baitfish: chartreuse over white Farrar blend with a cone head and red octopus stinger.

Evan, I'll be working Friday AM, good luck out there.

wadin' boot likes this.
  17. Rob is a cool cat, a short and sweet report is to be expected. Solid outing!

Evan, if you need a place to crash...

18. I also fished an area 9 beach Sunday and Monday. I get my one trip to Whidbey every year, and every year I fish the same way- find the lowest of the low tides during which there is never any current, very little wind (hopefully, and no south wind pleez!), on a total sandy bottom. Wade out as far as I can go and cast at any dimple that I see on the surface, salmon sized or teeny, and at any bait swimming around, of course. Two coho and a humpy, all on a chartreuse over white size six clouser. The humpy was a surprise, and really took me for a ride, well into my backing. My family got some crab too...
    DSCF9110.JPG

DSCF9108.JPG

DimeBrite, SciGuy, Jeff Dodd and 2 others like this.
  19. Very nice doublebluff! It's surprising how feisty fresh humpies can be.

Ed- do you have room for a second wandering angler? I'll bring homebrew :)

20. I think his offer is for a place to park the truck. I doubt he wants us stirring the house at 4am