Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

A pretty sucky swap!

Swap 
13K views 135 replies 14 participants last post by  Tracy Lauricella 
#1 ·
Ok ladies and gentlemen. I am getting a bit bored so I figured what better way to occupy my time then another swap. This swap is gonna be a leech swap. Leeches simply because that is what I have been tying and researching lately. All "normal" swap rules will apply. The swap will be open to 13 tiers including myself. Reply to the thread with "Im in" and please tell us what pattern you will be tying to be entered. If there are any questions please ask me via reply or pm me.Due date will be...Febuary 4, 2011. I just randomly picked that date and can be adjusted. If this date will work for everyone no late submissions will be taken. If you know you will not be able to get your flies done in time please do not enter.

Due Date...Feb. 4, 2011

1. Camo Clad Warrior. Lingerie Leech Finished
2.Silverbullet32. Maribou Umbrella Leech Recieved
3.Ron Mcneal. Balanced leech Addy Sent Recieved
4.eric. carlson. egg sucking leech Addy sent Recieved
5.mumbles. mohair leech Addy Sent Recieved
6.nailbender. carrey bugger Addy Sent Recieved
7.Chef. Monday night chef special Addy Sent
8.Annie Rutherford. Something sexy and pink Addy Sent Recieved
9.Tracy lauraicella. tail hook leach Addy Sent Recieved
10.Scottflycst. hot not hale bop addy sent Recieved
11.anas. ptbd
12.Coldarkansan. BABL addy sent Recieved
13.papafsh. Articulated leech Addy SentRecieved
14.Kerfwappie. Pattern TBD Addy Sent Recieved

SWAP IS FULL

See less See more
#32 ·
Chef, if your leeches are anything like your cookies I think we are all in for a treat. I hear from a good source that he's gonna be hawking all your outings for the cookie benefit! Triples or not, get to tying...mine are done! I've got some other swap flies to get moving on, so I can't sit back and wait.

#43 ·
I'm still messing around with how I want to tie these tail hook leeches. I found a better way of tying the rear hook in so it stays in line with the body. I also decided to wrap the zonker strip at the shoulder area a bit to give it a little more bulk in front. I'm undecided yet if I want to keep the conehead I put on or just tie off the front. The cone will obviously help it sink better, but it seems odd to have such a shiny head along with the dark mottled body.

what do you think? Conehead or not?

#48 ·
Tracy, that's a great lookin' leach, I like the way you presented it in the pic, that is wet. If it looks that "leach-y" wet, you can't help but stick fish! Just perfect for low-n-slow swinging. :thumb:

BTW: I have 10 of mine already done, so I expect to have them ready for mail by Thursday, latest.

#54 ·
Ok everyone...

After a long weekend away I am finally home and back on track. The radish bash was amazing and had a great time meeting a few of you. I picked up mumbles flies at the bash which are amazing. Silverbullet32 dropped his leeches off at my house yesterday and must say for a new tier he really rocked this one out. I have updated the original post, if i am missing something please let me know.

#56 ·
Nick, mine are finished. They will be mailed tomorrow. I've included an additional fly for you, Worthy Swap Master.
Don't know if this is OK, or not, but here are a couple pick's.
You said SUCKY right?

LB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.