Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

A pretty sucky swap!

Swap 
13K views 135 replies 14 participants last post by  Tracy Lauricella 
#1 ·
Ok ladies and gentlemen. I am getting a bit bored so I figured what better way to occupy my time then another swap. This swap is gonna be a leech swap. Leeches simply because that is what I have been tying and researching lately. All "normal" swap rules will apply. The swap will be open to 13 tiers including myself. Reply to the thread with "Im in" and please tell us what pattern you will be tying to be entered. If there are any questions please ask me via reply or pm me.Due date will be...Febuary 4, 2011. I just randomly picked that date and can be adjusted. If this date will work for everyone no late submissions will be taken. If you know you will not be able to get your flies done in time please do not enter.

Due Date...Feb. 4, 2011

1. Camo Clad Warrior. Lingerie Leech Finished
2.Silverbullet32. Maribou Umbrella Leech Recieved
3.Ron Mcneal. Balanced leech Addy Sent Recieved
4.eric. carlson. egg sucking leech Addy sent Recieved
5.mumbles. mohair leech Addy Sent Recieved
6.nailbender. carrey bugger Addy Sent Recieved
7.Chef. Monday night chef special Addy Sent
8.Annie Rutherford. Something sexy and pink Addy Sent Recieved
9.Tracy lauraicella. tail hook leach Addy Sent Recieved
10.Scottflycst. hot not hale bop addy sent Recieved
11.anas. ptbd
12.Coldarkansan. BABL addy sent Recieved
13.papafsh. Articulated leech Addy SentRecieved
14.Kerfwappie. Pattern TBD Addy Sent Recieved

SWAP IS FULL

See less See more
#110 ·
I have been in a few swaps prior to this one, and I don't wish to disrespect anyone with whom I've swapped files with, from any of those......but! I have got to say the excellent creativity, quality, and unique flies I recieved in the mail today....well they are just outstanding!
Thank you one and all, I'm so glad I got to be a part of this swap.
Now I need to get another fly box.
It looks as though my return/postage envelope, had sufficent postage too! :thumb:

LB

#113 ·
S.B. niether is really my pattern, the night leech is a Steve Probasco pattern. You really should try it at night, amazing how close to you fish will hit if you are quiet. The carey bugger is just Denny Rickards seal bugger with more flash than he would use and a bead (he doesn't use beads) wrapped with a collar instead of saddle palmer. Thanks for blowing smoke up my skirt anyway, Doug

#115 ·
Ditto Brother Ed.
A box of magic arrived today. All the trout in a nearby lake shuddered so much the whole neighborhood vibrated!
Many thanks to the lady and all gentlemen who participated, these are excellent specimens everyone. Great ideas and craftsmanship, I am telling on you!

#116 ·
All I can say is WOW, thees are some awesome looking flys!! Nailbender and Tracy did a two-fer and they look stealthy. The Halebop Leech looks like a good beech fly.Dam there are soooooooo many good patterns here. Papafish this articulated fly is amazing. This was a great swap, thanks guys.:):beer2:

#117 ·
As many of us as possible should make plans to take that box to a lake and fish the hell out of them. Who's in, put up some date and location ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.