Abel reel color on sage one

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Ausable, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Ausable

Ausable Member

Looking for opinions on reel colors on sage one? Abel has an endless array of combinations. I was thinking platinum

2. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

If it was me I would go with Bronze, Black or Copper in that order. It's a litte hard to tell online but I know that Bauer's bronze looks awesome on the Sage One.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

While you are talking about reel colors. Be sure you don't get a fly line color that will clash with your reel.

Don't get to flashy as the fish will probably just laugh at you instead of flipping you off.

anti.team, Eyejuggler and jeff bandy like this.
  4. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Don't really know what bug crawled up your butt this week OMJ but you do not need to be negative on every post. Like you yourself have said, if you are not interested in the thread don't click on it.

Matthew LeBret likes this.
  5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Just trying to have a little fun. Why does everybody always take this shit so damn seriously.

I was just thinking.........................Maybe it's because it's so dam hot out and I'm grouchy because of it.

Gary Knowels and Eyejuggler like this.
  6. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

You know OMJ you could be right about the heat, I am sure it has made in a little short as well lol. Sorry I did not take your post as intended :oops:

7. Kirk Estlick

Kirk Estlick Active Member

Hey man. Abel has a Sage ONE color called #001. It looks pretty slick with the rod. Abel's website doesn't do it justice!

8. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

That's cool, I saw it online but thought it was copper.

9. Kirk Estlick

Kirk Estlick Active Member

It's going to match the reel seat of whatever sage one rod you have.

10. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Well, this is just precious! A matching ensemble! And I thought only high school girls worried about their lipstick matching their nail polish, their scarf not clashing with their eyes and the always popular--"Does this dress make me look fat? Be honest now"

Women's Lib has come full circle.:rolleyes:

Ive

Blake Harmon, Gary Knowels and Lugan like this.
  11. Denny

Denny Active Member

I like the black...it's always "right", no matter what color rod blank.

12. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Whatever color makes the loudest fashion statement because if the reels come in assorted colors we're obviously not talking about being classy or demonstrating understated elegance.

Sg

IveofIone likes this.