Aluminum boat for PS and beyond... What do you use and like/dislike?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Brooks Werner, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,623 / 2
    Well, the option I suggested is substantially cheaper, so it was worth a suggestion. My wife, who sounds much like Nick's wife when it comes to going in these types of situations, is quite the advocate fort his device.
  2. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +87 / 0
    I'm sure it would be a great option in a "pinch"
  3. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,143 / 4
    Yeah I've seen those things. The issue with my wife is privacy. She will not pee on an open deck with others in any way shape or form. Sucks because it somewhat limits my options, but I'm not going to complain. I very much enjoy her coming out and spending time on the water with me. It gives me a chance to fish even more than I normally do, and I get to hang out with my best friend while doing so.

Besides.... I just love Arimas.

I noticed the newer Sea Pacer with the open bow has a cabinet porta poddy. Not looking to spend the kind of money required for that new of a boat though.
  4. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    I am in the same boat...(intended) where every 2 years or so I try to figure out why I dont own a craft capable of fishing in the sound. This year I got permission to purchase one and luckily have been invited to fish on Nicks aluminum to see what that's like and on a whaler to see what that is all about.

One thing I have been cautious of and figured I would share is make sure you have a vehicle capable of towing whatever you end up looking at. My wrangler only has a towing capacity of 2000 lbs which pretty much locks me into a smaller aluminum or buying a truck to go with my new boat :(
  5. Brooks Werner Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    I'm definitely set there, have a 3500 Cummins so I could tow a house down to the ramp if I wanted to! :)
  6. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +754 / 0
    a well designed aluminum boat with trim tabs would eat your tiderunner for lunch in wind waves. i've spent a lot of time in aluminum and glass boats, and it is design and build that makes a good rough water boat, not material.
  7. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,759 / 0
    I hate being forced into buying a new truck because my toys are too big.:D
    Brooks Werner and Kcahill like this.