Amazing video of a 41.7", 35 lb brown trout

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by silvercreek, Sep 9, 2013.

1. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +260 / 0
    I really liked the mime routine he does at the end as he hand lines the fish in the shallows. Too funny!
  2. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    Lends new meaning to the word "run" as it relates to fishing . . . credit where credit is due: a spectacular fish, a spectacular effort.
    David Dalan likes this.
  3. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +375 / 0
    You're on it Dave. La Mouching has ran a few stories about fish like this from the same area over the time I've been paying attention.
    Maybe someday I'll have a chance at taking an old beater rod and a piece of a weaving loom there myself...
  4. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +625 / 0

Sign me up. I'll bring the moth larva (apparently the bait).
  5. silvercreek Active Member

Ratings: +177 / 0
    G-spot4u likes this.
  6. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +159 / 0
    Awesome video!! Awesome fish!!! If you listen at the beginning of the video I think he is saying he is using 9X tippet...
  7. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +159 / 0
    On yeah I also wanted to add... Just wait till Simms gets a hold of this video. We will all be waiting in line for the more athletic, light weight, and stylish white "SIMMS SNEEKERS".. With matching skin tight Simms athletic unibody short shorts.. Just you wait and see its gonna happen..
    constructeur likes this.
  8. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,320 / 0
    It's like a French version of the Cedar River when you look at it from the coordinates Dave put on, only a little more glacial looking in the water coloring, and bigger flows, and better streamside vegetation, actually way better streamside vegetation and what looks like mainly parkland for many, many miles upstream, and an absence of an airport, and there's no large jet manufacturing plant and definitely no Riviera apartments, although there is a housing development at the delta with artificial waterways that probably could be called the Riviera more legitimately than the "$50 dollar discount if you pay on time" Riviera in Renton.

Ok maybe it's not like the Cedar in the slightest but for the industrial parks close to where it was hooked.

Dranse d'Abondance
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,411 / 0
    What are you mumbling about.
  10. JE Active Member

Great NW
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    Was he using one of them Tankara poles?
  11. G-spot4u Active Member

Ratings: +70 / 0
  12. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +684 / 0
    That dude showed some serious patience. I would have wigged out, horsed it, and broken it off 20minutes ago.