Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

american river

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chris Bailey 
#1 ·
I am heading to a cabin on the American River, near Bumping Lake next weekend. Is there any good trout fishing in that area?

#2 ·
All I have caught in the American are small brookies. A better bet might be to head down the road to the Naches. Elk hair caddis has worked for me in the past, with many 8-10", and some bigger fish. The Bumping River also has some nice fish, but you have to search for them. It gets hammered near the road. Drove past the this area yesterday, water looks great. The Lttle Naches is too low and the fish tend to be small, like the American.

#4 ·
t-lizard, enjoy your stay in the neighborhood. It sounds like you will be in the area just west of the Bumping road/HWY 410 intersection. No electricity if I remember right, just like the cabins up by Bumping Lake. You might be able to find some fish in the American, but as Micro Brew suggested, you would be better off on the Bumping or Naches. The Bumping has been fishing ok, even with the heat. Stay away from the Little Naches next weekend. It will be busy everywhere due to the holiday and the beginning of archery season on the 1st, but the Little Naches just gets nuts with 4-wheelers, dirt-bikers, and campers on the holidays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.