Announcing, "The ’08 O.P. Bash"

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Allison Banned or Parked

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0

WBs and Bunny Leeches, weighted, then?

I can do that.:thumb:
  2. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +648 / 1
  3. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    ohhh boy, 20+ hours of driving.... sounds like fun. Hopefully I will see you there, maybe Rowdy and I can rally out there together, representin' ID fo sho.
  4. Matt Paluch Member

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    agreed... I'd probably want to team up and follow someone who is on the river a bit for the first few days... thanks for the heads up
  5. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    aint a short hop for this one either, but I will be there, I'll be almost there Friday but with the bus
  6. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    I'll bring my boat, but with the big personal 200 qt beer cooler I carry these days I ain't got no room for riders

Any Oregon riders? I got room for 3 out of the Salem area. I assume I will be outta here and drive friday night

clean ? yeah, sober? questionable at best
  7. William B. Member

Port Angeles, Forks
    Can I play too.I would like to meet you all and go for a float I will bring my raft out 2 empty seats.Can't party I don't know when to stop.3years clean @sober so I just fish hunt.see ya out there
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,396 / 0
    Man, if I could get somebody to tend the kids I would show up just for the party. But 800 plus miles is just tad bit to far.

Jim
  9. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Ratings: +77 / 0
    I'll try and make it. I got two pontoon boats. and I don't drink ether. 22 years sober. If I go ill bring the two boats and all the wood I can carry in my f250.Also a bunch of rods and reals.
  10. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    hey !!! wood!!! I got some downed seasoned oak I will bring from my yard
  11. Mark Bové Chasin tail

Spokane
    I am bring the Hyde. I think I have one seat open. PM if you need a ride.
    Mark
  12. rick matney Active Member

Bozeman, Montana
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Bove, You ready for the new and improved cat/griz showdown. Blake and me vs. you and andy. We will be judged on # of fish, #of beer, and and overall physical appearence.....because if you don't look good fishing, why are you even out there. Oh yeah I have the new G-5000 prototype simms/gucci hybrid waders and tie combo. :rofl:

Clack VS. Hyde

PS you will lose points for fishing glue eggs or beads and there is a minimum fly size of 3". so it has to be longer than that. Will be out there early more than likely. :Dptyd
  13. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    All your driftboat are belong to us....
  14. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Somewhere you don't know about, WA
    Ratings: +53 / 1
    I will bring my hyde as well. I will have an open seat and a few extra rods.
  15. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I have a previous engagement, but it's on the O.P. also, so I might stop by later in the week.
  16. Mark Bové Chasin tail

Spokane
    Good I just tied up some cdc tube flies. They will meet the 3" minimum with the stinger hooks I put on them. They work rather well dead drifted.

As for style, gucci has me beat.
  17. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Somewhere you don't know about, WA
    Ratings: +53 / 1
    Glue eggs or 5" flies only in my boat...
  18. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +563 / 5
    Well as of right now, I'm a probable go for the weekend. Have a few strings to try to sew up, but should be a go. I probably will just bank it. Was gonna tow the driftboat or bring the steelheader. But may just spend the weekend cooking and relaxing (yes, I'll bring all my grills with). So will be showing up with my truck/camper that Friday after work. Unless by some miracle I can get that Friday off (doubt it but we'll see).
  19. Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Whitefish, MT
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Wow, this is a big party.
    Ima'proly have to go fish it the week prior. . .

There is also camping on the Lower Hoh Road, on the west side of the highway. Take that road west and head in a few miles, the campground is marked. In fact, the OP is heaven when it comes to campsites: they're everywhere.
  20. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +563 / 5
    The camping on the lower Hoh is Cottonwoods. I personally never liked that campground. But I always had a love for the Oxbow and the ones up the upper Hoh road.