Announcing, "The ’08 O.P. Bash"

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Feb 5, 2008.

1. I can go for the whole week, same with the dead dude too.
  2. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +541 / 0
    Charles Sullivan- sometime.
    I'm the guy with the sox cap and the black dog.

Go Sox,
    cds
  3. Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Whitefish, MT
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Nice job scoring the hall pass Charles.

I'll be there, too, for the first half of the week. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys.
  4. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Ill be there monday and tuesday.... Ill bring some rods
  5. EMPyre Erich with an H -Top Water Soldier-

Bothell, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks I wasn't planning on asking anybody to hold a boat seat for me, but since you're offering, I've got 6er with you name on it. What's your flavor?
  6. Runejl Josh

Bellingham, Washington
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    This sounds like fun. Although, I cant see the additional pressure help me catch any fish. Its not like I catch anything but a cold when Steelheading anyways:)! Id be there possibly on the weekend and could bring a keg of Boundary Bay Scotch in trade for seats on a boat that weekend. I dont have my own but I can row also.

Josh
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +659 / 5
    I'm hoping to be there late Friday evening. Hopefully people who are there won't be too bombed. LOL. Since I have my camper, can fit about anywhere and drop the jacks. :)
  8. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +180 / 1
    Make sure to stop by James and My tent for a brew. You and the dead dude are welcome any time.
  9. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    Does the dead dude have a PFD?
  10. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +512 / 0
    What beer does the dead dude drink? :beer1:

RE Graph: My tentative plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon/evening to Friday or Saturday night depending on my kids Saturday sporting activities. :confused:
  11. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,617 / 0
    I plan to fish the OP, but I don't know what days I'm going to be there yet. I've got the 28th off and should be able to get more time off. I'm thinking the week before this crowd beats the water to a froth might be most productive tho.
  12. bum'n4trout fish more work less

seattle wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I think I will definitely be attending 28-31. I've heard Ron @A.A.T.F talk about them and it sounds like a lot of fun. Being pretty green to chasing chrome on the fly I could use the time around some seasoned vets. Look forward to meeting you all.:beer2:
  13. White russians, and country club malt liquor in the little cans. I'll cruise over on the sunday. I'll try to get some of upriver apple pie.ptyd
  14. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Add my name to the list for attendance for the work week part of the shin dig. I will most likely show up between March 23 or 24th depending on fishing on the way up and unless fishing is off the hook, to leave Friday March 28th. Amie has given me leave to head to this event without her since she could not get time off and we both have plans already for the morning of the 29th.
  15. shawn k Member

buckets worldwide
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    just an f.y.i The Bear creek campground is closed from storm damage. There are several blow downs
  16. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Alright, hopefully I'll feel good enough to fish hard by then. Damn elbow pain has killed most of this season, but I'll still try and get out a bit.

Going to plan on Thursday - Sunday(27th - 30) and take at least a few days off. Definitely need to get the heck outta dodge rain or shine! May head out at least part of the way on Wednesday evening.

Oldman, you really heading out?!? Do it! Looks like a good number of people are committed or need committed! :eek:

Anyone have an extra seat for Friday and/or Saturday? Would love to get at least one float in...

Just Bill... :cool:
  17. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    You should all be comitted. Then I feel at home in the nut house.

It all depends on me getting another vehicle. My Subaru is on it's last wheels(legs) and is about to go belly up.

Jim

By the way. What ever happened to the spring fling at Dry Falls. You all used to hit that in the spring before the spring opener.
  18. hookedonthefly Active Member

Ratings: +121 / 0
    Yep, we're (2) in...28th-30th.

It looks like Josh's got the BB Scotch Ale taken care of. I'll see if I can't scare up some BB IPA.

See you there.

Ed
  19. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    We had the Dry Fall trip last year Jim. We had the smallest turn out I have ever seen with maybe only a dozen from this board showing up. Those that did go had a good time, though the fishing was tough even in the evenings. Not sure why we had such a low turn out since there was plenty of notice given and all but it seemed like only the real hard core members went last year.
  20. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    Well I have a new fishing rig so if the pass's aren't covered with snow and I ain't snowed in I'm coming. :thumb::thumb:

Now all I have to do is set it up for sleeping and eating. This shouldn't take long as now my mind is into it.:beathead::beathead:

Jim