NFR Any Ford diesel gurus here?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by orangeradish, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    Nice rig, Orad. I had a 2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins and that thing was FUN to drive empty with all that power! Pulled a 26' 5th wheel like it wasn't there. If you opt some day for a camper, watch you GVWR closely. Truck campers can get very heavy very quick, and without duallies you do not want want a blowout. Enjoy your oil burner!

2. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Ditto on that Itchy! I tried a single wheel one ton with my camper for a few years and could not get a tire that wouldn't get side wall blow outs very quickly (on the rear wheel). Also, with the dually I can drive it at any posted speed and it corners like a car, and since I'm usually in a hurry to get somewhere, I like that a lot! Rick

Itchy Dog likes this.
  3. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Media:
    This might be an option for you. 1,000 lbs. nothing needed for the truck.

Attached Files:

4. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Media:
    Orangeraddish
    I am envious of your new truck. A friend has that truck and he really likes it. It has towed his camp trailer all over WA and OR. He had the transmission rebuilt this year but he felt it served him well.

I have a small Lance, an 18' aluminum and Prams. The camper and my 18' Weldcraft are to much without serious modifications. The camper and my pram hauler are just right though and a drift boat or raft would be the same I expect. Horses and a camper are a different story I imagine! That would require serious consideration as to weight, center of gravity and stopping distances.

Here is my f250 IMG_123753940155105.jpeg gas guzzler on the way to Winthrop this fall. Love being able t haul 2 small boats on a trip like this.

Enjoy your new truck!