Anything shaking in the Rogue river right now?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Tom Arroll, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Tom Arroll

Tom Arroll Member

Hi,

Going to run the Rogue Riverh the family from above Graves Creek to Agness next week. As my wife just sprung this plan on me today I am scambling to find out what the fishing is up to right now. What little I know it is a majority Salmon and Steelhead river but know nothing about the run timing. If anyone is aware of a thread or external link that can provide this info I would love to take a look. Is the river in this stretch amenable to spey or is it too thin?

Thanks,

Thomas

2. John Dougher

John Dougher Member

Tom,
    I think it's a bit early, but it has been a few years since I have fished that stretch. One piece of advice that I can offer is to pack a few copper johns (red). Hooked most of my steelhead on this pattern.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Where's Fred Evans when you need him.

4. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

5. speyfisher

speyfisher Active Member

Springers are in the river this time of year. Choice of guide (assuming guided trip thru the wild & scenic) can be a factor as most are gear types. Were it me, I'd bring an 8 or 9 wt Skagit setup, heavy MOW tips & big flies. River flows are down right now, so you probably wont need more than 6ft of T-14, but then again, if there are any deep holes, that''s where you'll find them.

6. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Holy water !!

7. speyfisher

speyfisher Active Member

*&^%## Holy water is something on the order of 85+ highway miles north of Graves Creek put in.