Art and fly fishing

Discussion in 'Arts and Literature' started by Skip Enge, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

2. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

Hey it's wet not riverine...but i do a lot odf other stuff...not locked into a genre Felida Backwater.jpg

3. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

4. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

A little "still life' from the upper North Fork of the Lewis River...

"Guardians" Guardians.jpg

5. Joe Goodfellow

Joe Goodfellow Active Member

Wow! Those are great got any from the sierras?

Skip Enge likes this.
  6. NewTyer1

NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Don't go having a heart attack on us now with this new girlfriend. I know how my cardio was after a year, never mind 38. Time to hit the gym.

7. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

Tender and slow no hurry...is my motto...and always take my BP meds and that little aspirin daily...eff the gym...I walk

8. NewTyer1

NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Walking is good, in the woods, track side walk, it's all good

9. Bradley Miller

Bradley Miller Dances with fish

I love your work, dude. Really.

10. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

That is very nice of you to say that...Thanks...I always hope to inject some passion into my work...I don't copy photos ...but i can I prefer to interpret my experience...I have been painting so damn long i don't need them anymore, i have images and vistas filling my head and heart...and being a very emotional SOB that is what i love...

11. SARG950

SARG950 Member

Greetings, gentlemen! After seeing some of the work on this site, I regret never noticing this section of the forum until now... I'd like to take the opportunity to share some works that are the result of my passion for fly fishing. As shown, the medium I like to employ is painting on rocks, mostly from the Methow River. Again, thanks for sharing your passion with me!

Attached Files:

12. Dave Evans

Dave Evans Active Member

Skip, very nice work. I am envious of those on this forum with such artistic gifts! On the girlfriend, went through the big D about 10 years ago and it was weird dating for the first time, but ended up with a great match who doesn't even mind my addiction to fly fishing. Hope you have the same great experience I did!

13. GAT

GAT Active Member

Sarg950... unique and cool! I've never seen that approach before and it works! Good stuff.

14. Sarg, That is some great stuff. I love 3,4, & 5 with 5 being my favorite. Great paintings. love to see more.

Gary

15. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Sarg, keep them coming, great work.... I think we would all like to see more. Thanks for sharing your fine art.

Skip, fantastic work as usual very nice!

16. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

Okay you say i ain't funny...well, I sense a bit of innuendo and out the other...just sayin'

17. benson fly fishing.jpg

This is a print by Frank Benson. He was the artist on the 2nd Federal Duck Stamp and considered by many the greatest 20th century sporting artist

18. benson canoeing.jpg

Here is another Benson print

19. There is a 7 volume catalogue of Benson's prints. Very expensive and out of print. They now have a single volume version that I believe is still in print.

I had to sell my Benson print paff.jpg collection to pay my divorce lawyer.

20. Here is Benson's Federal Duck Stamp of Canvas Backs from 1935 benson stamp.jpg