Articulated Bass Flies

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by james.jimenez, Jun 16, 2013.

1. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

These are not trout flies, but some articulated bass flies... Found the pattern online. Believe it's called a "Bottoms Up Fly". Have not tried them but I will soon. I am sure they are gonna be a CHUCK AND DUCK type of cast!!

Attached Files:

GAT and Big E like this.
  2. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Yeppers, nice ones. Kelly Galloup pattern. I'm sure they would work on some big browns as well.

3. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Hate to break it to you, but these will and have easily caught trout.

4. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

Really? I assumed because I tied these up on large bass hooks that a trout would just end up nipping the tails and give me false hope.. The two lakes I fish I usually hook up on a much smaller hook.. Perhaps I under estimate trout as being less of an aggressive fish compared to bass. I have seen videos of HUGE trout taking bug flies, mainly browns, but I have yet to find a lake near my home that holds browns as big as the ones I've seen on YouTube.

5. GAT

GAT Active Member

Nice. Guess I'll finally need to jump on the articulated band wagon... I hadn't considered using them for LMB until I read this thread.

6. Skyler Evans

Skyler Evans Active Member

Nice flies James, mineral lake holds some big browns but it is over fished by gear but that might be a lake to heave those at.