Articulated Bass Flies

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by james.jimenez, Jun 16, 2013.

1. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +253 / 0
    These are not trout flies, but some articulated bass flies... Found the pattern online. Believe it's called a "Bottoms Up Fly". Have not tried them but I will soon. I am sure they are gonna be a CHUCK AND DUCK type of cast!!

Attached Files:

GAT and Big E like this.
  2. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Ratings: +364 / 0
    Yeppers, nice ones. Kelly Galloup pattern. I'm sure they would work on some big browns as well.
  3. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,104 / 1
    Hate to break it to you, but these will and have easily caught trout.
  4. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +253 / 0
    Really? I assumed because I tied these up on large bass hooks that a trout would just end up nipping the tails and give me false hope.. The two lakes I fish I usually hook up on a much smaller hook.. Perhaps I under estimate trout as being less of an aggressive fish compared to bass. I have seen videos of HUGE trout taking bug flies, mainly browns, but I have yet to find a lake near my home that holds browns as big as the ones I've seen on YouTube.
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,709 / 0
    Nice. Guess I'll finally need to jump on the articulated band wagon... I hadn't considered using them for LMB until I read this thread.
  6. Skyler Evans Active Member

Fort Lewis
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    Nice flies James, mineral lake holds some big browns but it is over fished by gear but that might be a lake to heave those at.