Arts and Literature

Discussion in 'Arts and Literature' started by GAT, Nov 24, 2012.

1. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,112 / 0
    Have you given any thought to create a forum dedicated to Arts and Literature? The Photography and Video Forum covers photography but I know many outdoor artists and fiction writers who would like to post their work but none of the present forums quite fit paintings, sculptures, poems, fiction stories etc. I even know a guy who would post flyfishing cartoons.

I think the membership would enjoy such a forum.
  2. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +208 / 1
    I say yes. Not that you will ever see me starting a thread there. I don't have a artistic/creative bone in my body.
    Unless you count smartass remarks.
  3. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +282 / 0
    The members would indeed enjoy such a section of the site and I would add it, but I need content to move there to seed it before doing so. If you like, post a request to writers to share their talent on the main forum and if they do, I'll create a new section for them.

Chris @ WFF
  4. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Okay, Chris, I started a thread. We'll see what happens.
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Oh, I don't know... smartass remarks are a form of creative writing ;)
  6. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    It would be nice to have a collection of 'Boots stories all in one place.
  7. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    The posts are on the increase. Hopefully it is enough for a seperate forum... hint, hint. Seriously, I think there's a lot of artists and creative writers out there and the forum would generate posts.
  8. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +282 / 0
    There is only one new discussion. That is not yet enough to seed a new sub-forum area. I will, though, review old content to see just what and how much we have to work with.
  9. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Welllllllll, it looks like everyone posted to my thread because they thought that was what they were supposed to do... so did I. Should they all posted seperate threads?
  10. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +564 / 5
    Just saw this thread. Yes they need to be desperate posts. That way we have content. Not just one long thread.
  11. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Oh well, it was worth a shot. I figured if there was a Photography/Video Forum that an Arts and Literature Forum would be a natural fit.... I know a lot of outdoor artists and writers so they are out there. But it's getting too complicated to pursue. Maybe someday. Thanks for giving it consideration.
    Steve Bird likes this.
  12. Steve Bird Member

Northport Washington
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    Good idea. I'll post a story.