Attention Newbies!!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by chadk, Jul 18, 2002.

1. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    First, let me get this out of the way. I'm no instructor or expert of any kind. But I've been fly fishing (when not spin fishing) for about 15 years, so I've picked up a few things here and there.

So here's the deal, if you have never caught a fish on the fly, and want a little help, I'd be glad to hook up with you on a fork of the snoqualmie and I'll guarantee to get you into a fish (or a bunch) and give you some tips on your technique. I live in North Bend, so the river is very convenient for me, and I know some good spots.

You should have all your own gear and be prepared to wade. We won't wade anymore than you are comfortable with, but for my 'guarantee', you'll need to get in the water. Not that you can't do fine rock hopping, but it just makes things easier... Felt soled shoes are a big plus. The water is getting warm enough, that you may not need waders, but if you have them, bring them.

Email me at 'chadk@microsoft.com' and we can work out the details.
    I have a few evenings free, and also from about 6:30am to 9am most days.

-Chad

2. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    I just wanted to add that I'm also doing some morning trips around Fall City for summer steelhead. If you've never tried that, and want to give it a shot, I'd be happy to show you some good water and give you a few tips.

3. guest

guest Guest

Wow, that's decent!

Now if you ever get up north to the Stilly, Sauk, or Skagit for steelhead I wouldn't mind hooking up. As the Old Man can attest to, I need all the help I can get in this fishery. :BLUSH

stumpfisher

4. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Is the guarantee good for steelhead on the Snoq, too? If so, I'm there. :)

5. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    Nice...
    Sure, I'll guarantee a few small trout while fishing for steelhead :)

So far this season, I can't even guarantee that you'll SEE a steelhead on the snoqualmie. :CONFUSED

6. Kringle

Kringle New Member

Chad, I will definitely take you up on your offer. I'm taking a Steam class through Kent Parks and Rec. on the Snoqualmie next week but I'd be glad to hook up with you after that. I work a seven day on/off schedule so some evening would work for me. Let me know what works for you. If I get one I buy the beer, or latte, or Mt.DEW or whatever, otherwise you buy. Let me know. Kringle

7. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    Kringle, drop me an email and we'll work out the details... Oh, and bring some money so you can buy me that drink :THUMBSUP

I'm heading to the river from 6 to 8am tomorrow. Drop me an email if anyone wants to hunt down some cutthroat on the south fork with me... (I'll check my email tonight)