Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Awesome Dogs of the WFF!

NFR 
109K views 987 replies 295 participants last post by  BearBio 
#1 · (Edited)
I got the info I came for...sort of ;) , so I am renaming this thread to more accurately represent its awesome content!
Thanks for being a pretty trill bunch of folks :)
Dave

See less See more
#39 ·
I think the problem you're having with getting esox info is they aren't really in Washington much. Where they do pop up, WDFW works hard to eradicate them due to them being highly invasive. They literally destroy any ecosystem them encounter. That being said, they're showing up in the Columbia near kettle falls(not good). Probably your best bet for pike in Washington, seeing how the population is down over 90% in the PO system. Long lake has a few, but I don't hear much about people catching them. You have much better odds encountering a stocked(sterile) tiger musky. Idaho has pike, though. I know people that slay em at lake CD L.

#42 ·
I think the problem you're having with getting esox info is they aren't really in Washington much. Where they do pop up, WDFW works hard to eradicate them due to them being highly invasive. They literally destroy any ecosystem them encounter. That being said, they're showing up in the Columbia near kettle falls(not good). Probably your best bet for pike in Washington, seeing how the population is down over 90% in the PO system. Long lake has a few, but I don't hear much about people catching them. You have much better odds encountering a stocked(sterile) tiger musky. Idaho has pike, though. I know people that slay em at lake CD L.
I assume you mean Lake CDA. The pike are just starting to get going around here. Missed a couple on gear the other day and landed 2, biggest was only 6lbs. He will eat well. Long lake has a small pop of pike, but they grow big in there. I target pike heavily around here in the spring and of all the ones I have caught and killed, maybe 3 had trout in them. The pikes diet is made up of primarily perch, since they inhabit the same water. They should start taking a slow stripped streamer soon, water is still cool around here,47 the other day, once it hits the mid 50's, game on!

#43 ·
There was a rumor that pike had been "put" in Crocker Lake out here and that the state had poisoned and closed the lake to fishing. Don't know if that is true but the lake was closed last time I stopped by. Here are a couple pics of our dogs though. Sadly, we lost our big chocolate just a couple weeks ago.... was a hell of a good dog. Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Wood
Dog Plant Carnivore Working animal Companion dog
Dog Vertebrate Working animal Sky Plant

#53 ·
Coco, our odd and lovable Husky/Malamute...dog number three for us right now :)
I have decided that when the horrible day comes, my next dog is going to be a mute or mute/husky mix. Ive meta handful of them in the last couple years, hadnt really known any previously,and they all were awesome.

The most notable of which was porchdog. This mute showed up on my porch last summer. Wouldn't leave. We already have a pit/lab mix and a Danish shepherd, so the last thing we need is another dog.

I tried to find the owner to no avail, and over the next month I fell in love with Porchdog. Never did let him in the house where our dogs live, but there he remained, as if he were home. I will spare this post from getting any longer and just say his owner was finally found through the grapevine, living a mile away. They took him away, and guess who showed back up on my porch 4 hours later? They took him back and 2 days later he showed back up again. That was the final time I saw him. His owners or the environment must have sucked somehow as he wanted badly to be my dog.

anyway... I posted in the other thread but since Im here, might as well add to the pooch pics. This vicious pitty/lab mix is my right hand man, and on the very rare occasion she doesn't leave the house with me, she sits in the driveway until I return regardless of how long I am gone.

#52 ·
I was never a small dog person until this one came into our lives, she has the heart of a lion in a 15lb body and in her younger days would back down from nothing if she thought it was a threat to the family.
She is now 15 years old, almost blind and can no longer spend the day on the water with me…………..the heart is willing but her body has betrayed her and she can no longer keep up. I dread the day she is gone.
Sky Dog Cloud Plant Dog breed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.