Bamboo Builders

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by ambassadeur10000, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ambassadeur10000 Member

Ratings: +6 / 0
    I've built a few rods using fiberglass and graphite, but I couldn't imagine the effort, worksmanship, and time it takes to build a good bamboo stick. What motivates the bamboo builder?
  2. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,004 / 0
    Perfection.

K
    oldgoat03 and flybill like this.
  3. Waylonwilly New Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The satisfaction of making a thing of beauty
  4. SpringCreek Addicted to Cane.......

Vancouver, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I personally find that it is just more satisfying to truly build something as opposed to building something from a blank. Yes it takes awhile, 30 - 80 hours depending on what I am doing, but is worth it in the end.
  5. Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

Redmond, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    I like the idea of creating something truly unique with my hands and tools. Every rod is unique in its own way. I can't describe the feeling when it all comes together and you attach a reel to the new rod for some test casting. A little bit of a rod maker's soul is in each of their creations. It is a most fulfilling experience from start to finish in my opinion.
  6. hbbambooflyrods New Member

argentina
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    La gran motivación es la que a partir de una caña de bamboo en bruto se pueda lograr con mucha paciencia y extremada calidad artesanal una caña para pescar de acuerdo al gusto del pescador que va a utilizar en cualquier lugar que haya peces......chicos, medianos o grandes. A partir que uno comienza en hacer sus primeras cañas copiando algunos tapers de rodmakers famosos, se empieza a gestar un desafio pasional que te lleva a perfeccionarse y dedicarle mas horas a las distintas operaciones que se necesitan para lograr cada vez mas perfección.
    Un abrazo Horacio Bages
    hbbambooflyrods.blogspot.com
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +564 / 5
    Horacio, any way you could post in English?
  8. Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +73 / 0
    ..Google translation: "The big motivation is that from a raw bamboo cane can be achieved with patience and extreme quality craft a fishing pole according to the taste of the fish to be used anywhere there are fish ..... . small, medium or large. As one begins to make its first canes tapers of rodmakers copying some famous, begins to develop a challenge passion that leads to improved and devote more hours to the various operations that are needed to achieve more and more perfection.
    A hug Horacio Bages"
  9. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +564 / 5
    Shit, thanks Stew. Keep forgetting Google Translation. I typed it into the generic one and came out gibberish.