Bamboo Builders

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by ambassadeur10000, Sep 29, 2012.

1. I've built a few rods using fiberglass and graphite, but I couldn't imagine the effort, worksmanship, and time it takes to build a good bamboo stick. What motivates the bamboo builder?

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Perfection.

K

oldgoat03 and flybill like this.
  3. Waylonwilly

Waylonwilly New Member

The satisfaction of making a thing of beauty

4. SpringCreek

SpringCreek Addicted to Cane.......

I personally find that it is just more satisfying to truly build something as opposed to building something from a blank. Yes it takes awhile, 30 - 80 hours depending on what I am doing, but is worth it in the end.

5. Mike Monsos

Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

I like the idea of creating something truly unique with my hands and tools. Every rod is unique in its own way. I can't describe the feeling when it all comes together and you attach a reel to the new rod for some test casting. A little bit of a rod maker's soul is in each of their creations. It is a most fulfilling experience from start to finish in my opinion.

6. hbbambooflyrods

hbbambooflyrods New Member

La gran motivación es la que a partir de una caña de bamboo en bruto se pueda lograr con mucha paciencia y extremada calidad artesanal una caña para pescar de acuerdo al gusto del pescador que va a utilizar en cualquier lugar que haya peces......chicos, medianos o grandes. A partir que uno comienza en hacer sus primeras cañas copiando algunos tapers de rodmakers famosos, se empieza a gestar un desafio pasional que te lleva a perfeccionarse y dedicarle mas horas a las distintas operaciones que se necesitan para lograr cada vez mas perfección.
    Un abrazo Horacio Bages
    hbbambooflyrods.blogspot.com

7. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Horacio, any way you could post in English?

8. Stew McLeod

Stew McLeod aka BigMac

..Google translation: "The big motivation is that from a raw bamboo cane can be achieved with patience and extreme quality craft a fishing pole according to the taste of the fish to be used anywhere there are fish ..... . small, medium or large. As one begins to make its first canes tapers of rodmakers copying some famous, begins to develop a challenge passion that leads to improved and devote more hours to the various operations that are needed to achieve more and more perfection.
    A hug Horacio Bages"

9. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Shit, thanks Stew. Keep forgetting Google Translation. I typed it into the generic one and came out gibberish.