Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bass fly swap

Swap 
4K views 53 replies 9 participants last post by  Chad Lewis 
#1 ·
This video has me thinking of the summer bass fishing that is right around the corner:

How about 10-12 participants tieing up a pattern that has been your go to bass fly for west of the cascades (ie more subsurface than topwater).
Lets make them due by June 15th.

Who is in?

1. Chris Johnson
2.Mayfly Avitor
3.Etamanman
4.S Fontinalis
5. Bugtyer- received and they have raised the bar!
6. Chad Lewis
7. Ben Guss

#31 ·
Etamaman

Those look like some nice flies. I can't wait to see what the bass think of them. I will probably need to tie up a couple prior to hitting the water to make sure I will have your pattern as a reference.

You will definitely need a larger box than an Altoid tin. Not exactly sure what the other guys are tying, but the Divers I tied will not fit in the larger Altiod yin. The collar will get crushed. June 15th can't get here soon enough. I am hoping my home waters will turning on by then. It has been a slow spring up to now.

Shawn

#32 ·
Etamaman

Those look like some nice flies. I can't wait to see what the bass think of them. I will probably need to tie up a couple prior to hitting the water to make sure I will have your pattern as a reference.

You will definitely need a larger box than an Altoid tin. Not exactly sure what the other guys are tying, but the Divers I tied will not fit in the larger Altiod yin. The collar will get crushed. June 15th can't get here soon enough. I am hoping my home waters will turning on by then. It has been a slow spring up to now.

Shawn
Thanks Shawn. I added a recipe to the photo post above also. Just in case you wanted to get a jump start. ;)

#37 ·
With the rain upon us its time to hit the vise.
Just a reminder bass bugs are due on the 15th!
The bugs sent in are looking great.
Thanks for participating,
Ben

#47 ·
No problem Eunan, I just hadn't seen any action on the thread and thought I'd shake the bush. No worries, looks like it will be a good swap.

#48 ·
All bugs are in. I'll swap them tonight, you should have them early next week at the latest!
Some great looking bugs.
I dont have the time to do the photos, if someone else could volunteer and post them, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Ben

#50 ·
Got my flies saturday, great flies guys, thanks.

#54 ·
That crayfish pattern I tied for the bass swap? Well, if you get a burning desire to fish for carp I'd bring it along. Caught my first carp on one. Big sucker too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.