Batson IF905

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Matthew LeBret, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Matthew LeBret Active Member

clarkston, wa
    Ratings: +82 / 0
    So it was time for me to build my other half a rod that she would be proud to fish. She wanted me to keep it blue so I went with baby blue and grey wraps. Great action all around trout rod :)

Blank: Batson IF905
    Reel seat: Forecast "I" seat
    Stripper: Alps MXN
    Snake Guides: Forecast standard wire
    Cork: I had a "Super Grade" pre made batson cork set laying around to I tossed it on this build
    Thread: Gudebrod NCP 245 "Royal Blue" main Prowrap CFS 822 "Silver Smoke"

DSCN1883.JPG DSCN1886.JPG DSCN1887.JPG
    Rod Wittner and Mike Ediger like this.
  2. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +153 / 8
    Beautiful as always Matt.
  3. LD Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +84 / 6
    Nice job on the wraps and finish. great work. Thanks for posting, not many new builds for a while.
  4. Matthew LeBret Active Member

clarkston, wa
    Thanks guys
    More people posting would be a good thing. It is always nice to see other peoples builds
  5. Alexander Fishon

WA
    Ratings: +326 / 0
    Love it!!
    Is there a trick or method to how you get those beautiful epoxy edges like that? Do you use a brush or spatula type tool for application? And one more question did you use the color lock stuff to keep the blue so bright?
    Matthew LeBret and Mark Kraniger like this.
  6. Scout172 Bait sucks

Florida
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    That is an absolutely beautiful build! Batson makes some top notch components that's for sure. I am looking forward to a fly rod built on their RX8 or REVELATION blank. Digging the NRX-ish looking wraps!
    Matthew LeBret likes this.
  7. runner Member

Atlanta, Ga
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    nice match to the blue drag wheel, expertly done as always - good choice of trim color
  8. Drifter Active Member

Ratings: +648 / 2
    I was wondering about the color lock also - great work and awesome writing!
  9. Matthew LeBret Active Member

clarkston, wa

I am really like Pro wraps Color Fast "CFS" thread. Out of all the colors that I have tried I have found all of them stay true to the color and have never had any issues with the color bleeding. I wish I could write like that but this build I went to Charlie @ tightline custom rods for his peel n stick metallic label. I can and have done rod specs but when it comes to letters I would be better off giving my 6year old son a crayon to label it with.
    Mark Kraniger likes this.