Beetle-Mania Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by dryflylarry, Apr 5, 2013.

1. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

OK Pat. You are in. Now, I don't know if we should close this or keep it open up to 12 spaces. I'll assume at this point everyone could do 12 possibly. We have until June 2.

2. I'd welcome two more tyers.

3. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

And face to face won't be possible for me since I'm down in BFE california

4. Bonsai

Bonsai Jerry

With 5 of us from as far away as McKinleyville, CA and Idaho Falls tells me 2 things. First a face to face swap would be difficult for some of us. Second, I would love to meet the 5 and learn what they have to teach me about fishing northern California, eastern Washington and Idaho. I would still like to see a face to face for those that can make it and the others can snail mail their flies. We can bend an elbow in their honor.

5. Travis Bille

Come on down anytime! But January-March would be best. There are willing steelhead galore!

6. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

If there's room I'd love to join. I've just started playing with foam and think this would be a great encouragement.

7. dryflylarry

Sounds great Gary! I'll put you on the list! Thanks.

8. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I thought I had a post here earlier asking for some clarification on beetles. Floating beetles only or are water boatmen eligible. My "back up plan" is a floating beetle that works good over here.

9. dryflylarry

Floaters or whatever floats your boat Zen and everyone!

10. Travis Bille

I'm all tied up and can probably ship next week, so I need an address. There are 13 flies in there, I'm calling them "scout bugs" after my daughter. The swapmeister should keep the extras!

11. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Wow, speedy!

After poking around some, I think I'm going to try tying up a CDC beetle. Looks like a neat pattern and I won't have to mess about with foam.

12. dryflylarry

Attention all. Don't forget to read the section on "How a Fly Swap Works" before sending out your flies (unless some of us have a face to face). Make sure you have "toe tags" with at least your name on them.
    Thanks Pals!

13. Travis Bille

I sent my flies out today

14. dryflylarry

Your ahead of everyone for sure Travis! I'll be looking for them.

15. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

I've....well, I bought some black CDC feathers. I haven't even gotten the vice out of the closet yet. This weekend, though, I should get going.

16. dryflylarry

I received Travis Bille's beetles in the mail today pals! They are awesome!! You will all be pleased. I am hoping to take photos of all the flies for posting later. Now I'm inspired to get going on this project! Thanks Travis.

Travis Bille likes this.
  17. Bonsai

Bonsai Jerry

A friend of mine showed me how to prepare the flies with toe tags. I will have mine tied up sometime next week and send them out soon. It took a while before I found a pattern I was happy with.

18. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

i am half way done

19. Pat Lat

Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

which half?

dfl likes this.
  20. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

which Half?

John and Ringo

P7240639.JPG P7240643.JPG

dryflylarry, atomic dog and Pat Lat like this.