being crude

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rob Allen, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +274 / 1

Yes Jesse we are different, but we are the same in many more ways. Maybe if we looked at how we are alike rather than our differences we could get along.

I use salty language alot, I grew up fishing and on contruction sites so I heard it all. But if I offend someone I'll curb me tounge.
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,224 / 9
    Back to why Roper wins, posted the thread about our similarities. Winning approach. Internet rants, far less successful.
  3. Bob Triggs STOP KILLING WILD STEELHEAD!!!!

Ratings: +526 / 0
    It all goes back to how you were raised, and what you believe about yourself, and about the world.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,397 / 0
    I didn't know that this was a contest.
  5. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +678 / 1
    Life in America is a contest Old Man, didn't you know? Who's gonna leave the island tonight? Who's the best this or that. Partisan government. It's everywhere. That's why we can't get along with one another...
    Ed Call likes this.
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I'm not competing with anyone. I'm just going to do what I do and be who I am. That will be good enough for all concerned, or it wont, and that's okay.
    jeff27 likes this.
  7. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +677 / 2
    And if someone doesn't like it, you could both swear at them and ban them!
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I don't have a swear and ban button. I'll ask Chris for a software upgrade. He'll say no because I'm a known loose cannon who is better at my forum custodial duties than any heavy lifting. We all have our place, I'm okay with mine.
  9. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +570 / 0
    What happened? Did you fart?
    Bill Aubrey likes this.
  10. ken2cross Member

Lake Stevens, Wa
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I think you are fishing with the wrong folks. I've not had any of the problems you mention.
    Maybe I'm a freak???????????????
  11. Dan Cuomo Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +52 / 0
    While I am often bored w/ the behaviors described, I'm rarely offended. As someone who, at the ripening age of 56, is entering the realm of old bastardry after decades of asinine displays; I say we cut the kids some slack and trust that they too will be appropriately appalled, down the road a piece. Figure in the law-of unintended-consequences - they've left a lasting record of their "indiscretions" for the ages, on the interweb - and their time will come. Recently I've come to a conclusion which resembles a theory of sorts. It is as follows: There's no such thing as wisdom; we're just too tired and busted up to be as stupid as we used to be.
    It's all about inertia.
  12. Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Helena, Montana
    Ratings: +520 / 0
    I believe wisdom is something you get a few moments after you REALLY need it . . . :rolleyes:
  13. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +533 / 0
    What if the "Hokey Pokey" IS what it's all about? :D
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  14. William Wallace Active Member

Graham Wa
    Ratings: +156 / 0
    Put your left leg in! come on everybody...let's do the hokey pokey! Party poopers!
  15. bigdood fishing hack

PDX, OR
    Ratings: +76 / 1
    Saw this on the wall getting coffee the other day, made me think of this thread

[IMG]
    dryflylarry likes this.
  16. Stewart Skunk Happens

Spokane
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    photo (3).jpg

This tickled my funny bone. However, I understand it may not be appreciated equally.
    triploidjunkie and Evan Burck like this.
  17. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +570 / 0
    Is that a signed first edition?