Best online flies

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I'm heading out on a trip with my brother (our annual trip together), and need a couple dozen or so flies that I don't tie myself.

I've checked out this site's sponsors, but I am not finding what I want. I'm a big fan of supporting pro shops, but I don't want (can't afford) to pend $3 or so per fly, when I may need a couple dozen.

What are some online sites that you would recommend for flies?

Thanks,

Dave

2. "justjoenow36" on ebay has amazing flies. I got 3 dozen ehcs for $16 and they look just like orvis flies.

3. I use BigYFly on line, they have a good website and good prices, most are 50-60 cents. And the flys are as good as anywhere else.

Jeff Cheng likes this.
  4. Awesome! Thanks guys.

BTW Stonefish, I tried Hills and they didn't have exactly what I wanted. I'm picky when it comes to my hopper patterns.

5. Oh, also...

Does anyone here know the name of that hopper pattern that has the red hind legs? It's tied like a Dave's Hopper, (sort of) but has the red "jumper" legs.

6. I have purchased from justjoenow, they are quality flies as mentioned above.

7. I have purchased flies from here, http://www.fishingflybox.com/. No complaints about the flies, although at .39 a fly sometimes they get back ordered. I ordered 8 dozen flies and they just shipped. I have been very impressed so far and hopefully I will feel the same after I receive the order that just shipped.

JoshL98 and Eric Denny like this.
  8. hills is kick ass, only had two flies fall apart ever on me and they were both spey freight trains of the same size

9. The guy is incredibly nice. I bought 3 different orders for a total of 5 dozen. The shipping on each was like $1.90 or something so I didn't care too much but he wrote me a message immediately apologizing for not making it clear enough that I could have bundled the shipping.

He threw in an extra dozen yellow and olive stiumlators to "make up" for it. You just don't get nice guys like that on eBay very often. Not to mention these flies are great...put them right into my fly box with my orvis flies and I literally cannot tell them apart.

When I can't make it into a shop in the future this guy has 100% of my fly buying business from now on.

Jslo and Dave Kaiserman like this.
  10. theflystop.com
    flydealflies.com
    streamflies.com

Try these out. Many to choose from.

11. I also have done flybiz with justjoenow- highly recommend. First rate to do business with.

12. These cost a bit more than $3, but I like the 11" double articulated deceiver in the upper-right corner of this web page: http://michiganstreamside.com/flies_streamers.htm

I use it for huge...well, OK, I don't really know where I'd use it. But it looks cool and someday I want to fish somewhere with predators that would eat something that big.

13. Grab a 10wt and a sinking line and go fish for lings. Some of the flies I use off the jetties are about that size. Although I'd go broke at $10/fly since I lose a few every time i go.

14. On really huge fish I'm sure right? Well, that's the story I'd tell anyway, but my dang headcam shows a different thing...like the tree behind me. But I can edit that part out. :p

15. Have used discountflies.com for years. Great service, good prices, fast shipping.

16. I buy a lot of nymphs from streamflies.com. Their product changes often, and flies are great quality....usually .45-.50 cents. They also run bulk deal specials from time to time that are really good. I have also bought from justjoenow and he is excellent.

17. Hit Bobwards in Missoula. Can't beat a $1 a fly

18. Pretty sure .39-.79 beats $1

19. I second flydealflies.com, Dan is great to work with.

Kent Lufkin likes this.