Beware 2: Big SRC in MA9

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by mtskibum16, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Out fishing for salmon today and hooked this pig of a SRC! This has to be some kind of a record and was quite a surprise!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379219552.989147.jpg

;) Sorry Pat, couldn't resist! Caught this bright chum in MA9 today. Pretty unusual catch as far as I know. Took a pink over white clouser. Does anyone know if it would be a late summer run or an early fall chum?

2. I bet that put a bend in your rod.

3. Great job Matt! Looks like something bit that chum besides your Clouser. My guess is that it is an early fall chum all chromed out.

4. It was pretty awesome to watch. We couldn't figure out what it was, history knew it was big. Definitely didn't fight like a silver

That pic doesn't do that fish justice. It was just bad ass.

5. Very sweet catch

6. Awesome fish
    Looks like something took a bite out of it

7. Looks like a native gill net

8. Yeah not sure what the injury was from. I was thinking maybe a gill net. I didn't inspect it real close since I was releasing it.

9. Next time bring a pair of water skis for a free ride. Nice catch congrats!

10. The injury looked very bite mark to me. I could clearly see the line of teeth where something tried to take a bite out of it. But not totally sure what all a Gill net injury can look like

11. That will stretch your string... nice fish!

12. Wow bonus for you! Looks like the Quilcene is having there early run now from reports

13. That must have been exciting. I have seen them landed a few times in MA9, but never on my line. Good job stopping that fish. This is when a good drag really pays off.

14. Chrome chum are hot. Congrats!

Leland.

15. I was going to be snarky and correct your grammer about improper use of "beware" instead of "be aware"...but now that I see you with Mr. Chumsky it is clear that you used the correct word...

16. Thanks guys! It was pretty awesome! I initially thought big coho, then starting thinking big pink or king the way it just hammered down without breaking the water. He made a decent run but I was running 15lb maxima with my drag cranked pretty hard, so it stopped him pretty fast. Ran me up and down the beach for a while before I could get him in though. Cool experience!

17. Watch out, other, large "not cutthroat" lurking in MA9. Jason Rolfe caught this dandy cabezon this morning. I'd never seen a real one before (sorry Ira :p)

Attached Files:

18. That was pretty cool. Kind of didn't know what to do with it or how to hold it! Neat fish though--too bad they fight like an old boot.

19. That chum looks like an absolute torpedo by the way. Did it give you a good fight, Matt?