Bid to float the Middle Fork Salmon River

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Idaho Mike, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Wanted to pass this along an opportunity that, as of right now, looks like a trip of a lifetime for a steal. The situation is this: A friend of a friend has cancer and to help with bills, they are having a charity auction for him. While there are a number of items to bid on, the one I wanted to mention is the trip for 2 down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, through the vast Frank Church Wilderness. It's being offered by a reputable rafting outfitter.

The bidding closes Sunday night and at this point, nobody has bid on it yet. Why? Well... the winner has to go on their June 20 launch. So, ya, next week. For a lot of people, that's just not a possibility (myself included). But I wanted to shout it out because for any of you folks with the flexibility, it could be a major score. Minimum bid is $500, but again, nobody has bid yet.

It's 100 miles and is listed in the book 50 Places to Fish Before You Die. The river is running about half of what it normally does now, so the fishing for cutties should be fantastic.The outfitter's web site talks about the fishing, so I would guess you're not going to be floating with a guide who has never seen a fly rod before.

It would be a shame for this trip to go unclaimed. I understand that 'advertising' is carefully guarded against on these forums, and rightfully so. To make sure I wasn't crossing a line I did have this approved by the Administrator first.
    It's catalog item #30:

http://tjfreeman.auctionfrogs.com/items/browse/index.html

muknuk likes this.
  2. If I didn't have a kid due on the 22nd I'd be on it. Someone jump on this!

3. Dang.