Article Billboards outside YNP re: wolf hunting

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Jun 4, 2013.

1. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +455 / 0
    Don't worry,I'm sure Tri is watching your backside!!!!
    triploidjunkie and enlightened like this.
  2. jersey livin' the dream

sonoma county
    Ratings: +53 / 0
  3. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +215 / 1
    I have a few patches of urine stained female coyote fur for tying a western version of the Hendrickson. I'm not kidding.

TC
  4. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +435 / 0
    Generally with an add requesting help/aid you would put a cute pic of wolf cubs, but nah...how about a menacing I wanna kill wolf!
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,120 / 0
    I was thinking the same thing. The wolf doesn't exactly look like something that would catch a Frisbee for you.
  6. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +255 / 2
    what is going on with the wolf in the front bottom right....why am I strangely turned on...
  7. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +578 / 0
    Hah nice catch. Looks like a flash handjob. Furry conventions are known for their ehhh....licentiousness. Maybe you were a furry in a former life :)
  8. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +889 / 1
  9. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +578 / 0
  10. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +611 / 1
    It must be true. We just got back from our MT trip which included 2 full days driving the park and looking for wolves... none. The Bison herds are healthy though, can' t we just celebrate that and be happy?
  11. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +455 / 0
    This wolf b.s. is really out of control , after spending for days camping & fishing the back country around cle elum including the Teanayway valley never saw a wolf. More to the point after hearing all the horror stories & being warned to be one the lookout for wolves, I never could find anybody that had acually seen one. I'm guessing you are more likely to shoot yourself cleaning your antiwolf hand gun than you are even see one of these critters , But we did encounter a few deer & elk while beating the bushes..
  12. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    I saw a wolf on TV yesterday.
  13. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +767 / 0
    I've been fortunate to see several, both in the park, and out roaming the bush in Alaska; great looking animals. Javalina are about the only critters I haven't spotted, but one of these days, I just might venture out with the bow, and give chase.
  14. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,387 / 0
    I like wolf threads. Almost as much as I like cougar threads. Although at my age I guess it doesn't really matter.
  15. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    This got me thinking. If older women are called cougars, what's a transvestite called.... a bobcat??
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  16. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +767 / 0
    Maybe a little different perspective on this issue? Here's a map of sightings, scat, evidence of their presence for the PNW
    http://www.northwestwolfsightings.org/Map.html
    so you can see they're not isolated, remote and infrequent. Looks like the map hasn't been updated for this year yet though.

Bear in mind that the wolves you might now encounter aren't the timber wolves of old. They're grey wolves, weighing between 100 and 180 or so pounds when fully grown.