Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Blooded Midge Swap

Swap 
6K views 71 replies 11 participants last post by  zen leecher aka bill w 
#1 ·
Swap Closed

Early spring and those blooded worms start migrating. This swap is for new and interesting patterns in size 14-18; larva or pupa stage. Only catch is some degree of red in the pattern which could be anything from very subtle to lots of red/maroon. 10 tiers, 2 patterns each (18 total flies).You can tie two different patterns or send in two of the same. For me, March is a great time for this type of bug; so deadline of March 3rd. If this seems too quick we can push out a week or so. Who's in?

1. steeli - Ready to go
2. irafly - Received
3. zen -Received
4. ron m - Received
5. waboman - Received
6. dbk - Received
7. nailbender - Received
8. blue - Received
9. Etamamam - Received
10. Nick Clayton - cancellation

#5 ·
I'd expect ties to be pretty simple, so we'll see if there's interest. This is why I thought a quick turn around might work. Any flies that have fished good for you and maybe stems from the basic blood worm or say a red but chironomid. I reworded the original post.
From past swaps doesn't seem necessary to send in couple patterns of your own fly to have them mailed back.
I'd take pics of all and post.

#6 ·
steeli, my two best blood worm patterns are one material each not counting the thread and hook so unless that changes I'm out of this one. I'd love to be in on it otherwise. Both of these patterns are proven fish catchers with lots of forum members witnessing first hand there ability (can I get a witness, what what).

Let me know if you change your mind.

Maybe I should start another chironomid swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.