Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Blooded Midge Swap

Swap 
6K views 71 replies 11 participants last post by  zen leecher aka bill w 
#1 ·
Swap Closed

Early spring and those blooded worms start migrating. This swap is for new and interesting patterns in size 14-18; larva or pupa stage. Only catch is some degree of red in the pattern which could be anything from very subtle to lots of red/maroon. 10 tiers, 2 patterns each (18 total flies).You can tie two different patterns or send in two of the same. For me, March is a great time for this type of bug; so deadline of March 3rd. If this seems too quick we can push out a week or so. Who's in?

1. steeli - Ready to go
2. irafly - Received
3. zen -Received
4. ron m - Received
5. waboman - Received
6. dbk - Received
7. nailbender - Received
8. blue - Received
9. Etamamam - Received
10. Nick Clayton - cancellation

#35 ·
Address information was sent to everyone this morning.
Deadline is still March 3rd. One person asked about pushing out the deadline a week, but still said could make it if need be. Unless there's some loud requests to extend, we're sticking with March 3rd so I can return the bugs quick and we can use in early March. Looking forward to more lakes opening up in a week!

#41 ·
Got your's today nailbender...real nice ties.
Sounds like some may be in transit now... How's everyone else coming along?
Deadline coming this weekend... rest should be stamped and in the mail the next day or two.
Based on what I've seen so far, everyone's going to have great bugs for early spring...

#51 ·
Thank you. I've now got all the bugs and they really are a great looking bunch of flies.
Yes, sorry about your situation Nick...get well.
I thought with the simplicity of this swap we'd maybe get duplicates from different tyers'....not the case at all.
I'll finish tagging some of the bugs, dividing, snapping some pictures to post, and getting in the mail for Monday.

#54 ·
I undertand the rules part and this swap has gone well, no worries on my part. Wasn't intending to call out on anyone. Usually one or two forget the postage or envelopes; not the case this time which is great. Ron and Blue have standout tags as nice examples; much appreciated.
A bit behind on my weekend chores but bugs should still get out in next day or two....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.