Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Blooded Midge Swap

Swap 
6K views 71 replies 11 participants last post by  zen leecher aka bill w 
#1 ·
Swap Closed

Early spring and those blooded worms start migrating. This swap is for new and interesting patterns in size 14-18; larva or pupa stage. Only catch is some degree of red in the pattern which could be anything from very subtle to lots of red/maroon. 10 tiers, 2 patterns each (18 total flies).You can tie two different patterns or send in two of the same. For me, March is a great time for this type of bug; so deadline of March 3rd. If this seems too quick we can push out a week or so. Who's in?

1. steeli - Ready to go
2. irafly - Received
3. zen -Received
4. ron m - Received
5. waboman - Received
6. dbk - Received
7. nailbender - Received
8. blue - Received
9. Etamamam - Received
10. Nick Clayton - cancellation

#57 ·
Ron, as a swap meister at times and as someone who receives flies, I actually do no like the tags. Or me it is kind of a pain in the butt to undo the tags and put them in my boxes. When I want to know who tied a pattern I look back at the photos in the gallery. Just me, but I did "tag" my flies with a piece of cardboard and my name.

#63 ·
Etamaman...yes please take pics to post! Thanks
I messed around with my digital camera much of last night and can't get the autofocus to work right at all for these small bugs....nothing but fuzzy pics.Somehow I must have messed up a camera setting somewhere so got to go find the camera manual to find steps X Y and Z on setting up to take microzoom pics.

#64 ·
Nice bugs all! Mine, as zenleecher calls it, is the string thing tied on the red hook, one is just red super floss, and the other is red super floss with a black wire rib. When I see blood worms that are a bit thicker and a bit darker the wire ribbed bug works well. The plain red pattern is as many on the forum can attest to is a killer pattern, don't overlook it in your box when fish are taking blood worms specifically. I know I'm looking forward to tying on several of these patterns.

Ira..

#66 ·
Sorry for the latency......For some reason after I updated Mozilla and refined the Google settings, I could not get back into this site until now. Maybe it was because you guys were down upgrading the site around the same time.....
Anyhow, thanks for the great flies everyone. Some great looking patterns that have me looking forward to dusting off the boat and getting back into the stillwaters when it warms.
And no problem with me taking the photos. I should get them up tonight, as long as I can figure out how to post them on here.
Thanks for the My-Tee_Fine Swap Steeli.....:cool:

#67 ·
Here's the photos of the swap flies in no particular order, but do not have any photos of mine yet. I will add later when I dig through my boxes.
Let me know if I need to make any changes please.
Note: The single fly photos are people that sent in two of the same pattern.
Thanks again guys...This was a well organized swap for sure Steeli.

** PHOTOS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO GALLERY NOW**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.