NFR Boehner gets a boner...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jamie Wilson, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    OK
    Just kidding Ed :cool:
  2. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,497 / 2
  3. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
  4. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +625 / 0
    Queue the long winded political rant, because you merely invoked a politicians name....

:p
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    I was disappointed the day I learned it wasn't pronounced "boner."
    dryflylarry and dfl like this.
  6. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +625 / 0
    Wait, what?
  7. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Boehner = Bay-ner, not bo-ner. The latter would have been more humorous.
  8. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +913 / 1
    Where did you find that picture of my mom? She looked good that day didn't she?
  9. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +365 / 0
    You mean like Anthony Weiner? Who was taking pictures of his boner?
  10. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +437 / 0
    Boehner: Yeah I had the weiner's boner special last night and to tell you I'm notta feelin to great right now!!! ..and Obama knows it!!!
    [IMG]
    Billy McFly likes this.
  11. sopflyfisher Active Member

Where the fish are located
    Ratings: +260 / 0
    [it is bonerquote="Evan Burck, post: 876153, member: 7668"]I was disappointed the day I learned it wasn't pronounced "boner."[/quote]

it is boner.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,236 / 9
    Holy crap.
  13. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    "sop" must reference "South Olympic Peninsula." The man is obviously a southern OP hillbilly, the bane of forum moderators everywhere. Or do you spell that "boehn?" (We can take this opportunity to thank the powers that be, that the cousins of the southern OP hill folk, the NE Olympic Peninsula "Quillbillies," don't have computers or even know how to use them).
  14. sopflyfisher Active Member

geez Jim sorry my presence is so offensive to you. just making a funny. lighten up there. nothing political about it. sop stands for standard operating procedure. as for a hillbilly I'm from a massive metro area like you. i always make fun of the dumb locals and their small lives when i cruise through their town on holiday. not trying to make fun of your hero there just a funny.
  15. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Just don't make fun of the tide people. Those are your people.
  16. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Oops!:rolleyes: Sorry that I wasn't clear about trying to be funny. Bonehead Boehner is as far from a hero of mine as one could get. For the record, if he dropped dead right now, I would probably jump for joy.
    And I ain't no city slicker. I'm just a local who resides in an unincorporated rural coastal community, and we make fun of city slickers out here. I survived my time in the concrete jungle, and I'm never going back.
    Also, I apologize for guessing wrong about the origins of "sop" in your moniker. I was actually hoping to find another local fly fisher closer to my area.
    And being called a "southern Olympic Peninsula hillbilly" is actually a compliment, out in these parts! Its true! One of my buddies grew up on the upper Satsop River, near Decker Creek.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  17. sopflyfisher Active Member

i believe in a utopia where city folk and country people walk hand in hand toward pools filled with chum. snaggers and swingers fishing in harmony. where rednecks and hippies make love in the grass bearing bastard children of that smell of saw gas and pachouli.
  18. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Man, what are you smoking? Can you get me some? :) Didn't you read Aldous Huxley's takedown on utopias? I think it was "Island."
  19. sopflyfisher Active Member

i prefer soma
  20. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Unfortunately, we can't swing flies (or even spinners and spoons) and expect any luck if there are snaggers in the run ripping thru the fish and spooking them off the bite.
    In my version of Utopia, everyone is going for the fair strike, and the fish are moving to and eating our presentations.
    Jamie Wilson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.