Book reviews?

Discussion in 'Arts and Literature' started by Bradley Miller, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Bradley Miller Dances with fish

Tacoma
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    I do not really know if this is the appropriate forum for a book review; but it seems like it should be.
    To that end, I'm going to post a few comments about the book I just put down: Chester Allen's 'Fly Fishing for Sea-Run Cutthroat'.

I found the book refreshing and invigorating, and it compelled me out of my cozy warm office and back into the outdoor work and play space of my local beaches through it's raw energy and apparent enthusiasm for this lovely fishery. It was a little repetitive here and there; but not irritatingly so. More like: a teacher's repetition of important knowledge. I found myself feeling like part of the 'insiders club' because of the names I had become familiar with here on WFF that appeared on his pages. That was pretty cool. I once kidded Chester here on the forum and asked him if he would take me fishing if I bought his book. His reply was (to the effect that....) "if you read the book, you ARE fishing with me" and is in fact, true. I loved the last page. But you should buy and read the book and the last page for yourself.
    GAT likes this.
  2. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,594 / 0
    Great review. Seems to me, book reviews will work in this form. It is "literature".