Bug bond

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Joe Goodfellow, May 2, 2012.

  1. Does anybody know were you get the stuff the light and glue?
  2. Checked out the web site and noticed that they not only offer Bug Bond, but other adhesives as well. One of them is a light cured material called Tuffleye. I am wondering if this is the same kind of stuff or a different formula? It calls for a different light, if I understand the description. I am not that sharp with chemistry or light engineering.

    If the Tuffleye is different, is it any better or worse. And what advantage would it offer for curing or durability? Both are a bit pricy but I would expect that with new technology coming on the scene.
  3. tuffleye is roughly the same type of goo. its just cure with a blue light vs uv light

    i believe tuffleye was the first goo type resin to hit the fly tying market

    these goos come from the dental, electronic and finger nail industries so they are not really developed for fly tying imho

Share This Page