Burlington Northern Trespass tickets

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by redlodge, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Yes what CLO said ^

2. it was probably that old guy with the poodle last sunday wading xmas tree. i dunno how he got his walker over that cobble

3. Some guy walking his dog down by the Wallace mouth came up and told me that a couple wannabe cop types with BNSF were threatening to send people to jail for crossing the tracks.I thought this was an isolated incident but since this thread is here I guess not. Apparently I've been a criminal virtually my entire fishing career.

4. That's usually what starts it. "Apparently some dumbass"...........................

5. That's a good question, wish I knew the answer. I do know that they real tight on safety and their dirt. Had to put a phone cable under tracks once, could not disturb dirt 20 feet ether side of tracks for 4 feet deep. Also had to encase the cable with in a steel pipe, and have a right of way pass. They sent an inspector to watch us too.

6. Screw 'em. Blow the tracks.

Does the NSA watch fly fishing boards?

Josh and Alex MacDonald like this.
  7. I have the skills to help with that, but you want to find the bridges: take out the abutments, not just the tracks. We did it in mainland China in `69, not once but twice.

jersey likes this.
  8. Shit, we'er screwed now.

I hear strange clicking noises on my cell phone.

9. That's just me Kerry. I'm trying to figure out a few of your secret fishing spots. I only send notes to the NSA guys a couple times a year.

smc likes this.
  10. The woman said you can walk under a trestle you just can't walk over nor on the tracks..nor on the pebbles the tracks are sitting on

That being said she was nice and apologetic so a more aggressive one might still write you up for going under

11. Careful, Evan.
    You might get old someday too - if you're lucky enough.

12. What about a big running leap over the tracks? Does the railroad own the air? I THINK NOT.

13. If you run from rr cops is it still felony eluding, like it would be running from real cops?

CLO likes this.
  14. Great idea.
    Simms needs to come up with a pole vault.

15. I got my new Simms Trespass waders only $700[​IMG]

16. Is there a zipper?

CLO likes this.
  17. So, how much are they confiscating on one of those "tickets"?

LB

18. The big ticket revenue for them sounds like it's coming from the hwy side of Reiter/Cable hole. If that access gets shut down, I fear what's going to happen on the select few access spots that are left. This is a huge bummer.

19. I've heard (rumors) of being in the $1,000 range

20. This may end up developing a new sport. " Spey rod pole vaulting".

CLO likes this.