Cabo San Lucas over Thanksgiving...

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Denny, Nov 13, 2013.

1. I'm heading to sunny Cabo San Lucas during the Thanksgiving week; anyone else on this forum going to be there?

Richard

2. I wish!!

3. Was just there recently. Many dorado and a few billfish had some bad days.

4. Head to East Cape for the day if you get tired of the BS in Cabo. Worth the drive and a beverage on the beach.

5. I'll be there in my day dreams

6. Richard,
    Have fun and give us a full report...
    on what you recall.
    Dave

7. Richard,

I've been there in February to kitesurf at La Ventana, I bring my flyrod to catch little fish from the beach (and some 30" needle fish for fun) but I haven't tried for anything big. Let us know how you do.

8. Bring your 10Wt if you have one. I caught a couple of nice Jacks from the beach by the hotel. You can also catch Ladyfish from the shore and if the Gods smile on you possibly a Rooster.

9. Balmy Grand Island Nebraska here. Next week it warms up to 33 in the day time. I feel sorry for you.

10. I've fished East Cape/La Paz area before, but earlier in the year. Yep, good fishing!

11. Which 'hotel'? My first ever fly-caught roosterfish, the smallest roosterfish in the whole world, I caught off the beach on the Pacific Ocean side, on the FInisterra beach, back in the early 90's. I was casting a 12 weight, and the pez gallo was so small I didn't even know anything was on the line until he came flopping in to shore. Cute little guy!

12. I'll be thinking of you, David! I'll down a margarita for you...

13. With whom (boat/captain) did you fish?

14. I always go out with Ramon Castro on the boat "Cheers."

15. Thanks Denny but hey, out of sheer luck I dodged a bullet and now can't go. Seattle weather will feel warm in comparison, and with no adult supervision...
    Have a great trip.

16. Same. :)