Casting Practice

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,404 / 0
    I went out today to do a little casting practice. Well I was thinking of fishing but the fish had other things on their minds. I tried about four different flies and the one that caught my only fish was a green Elk Hair Caddis. Has a couple of hits on a Red Stimulator, had one on for about 2 seconds.

All in all it was a good day. The weather was nice. Not to hot and not to cold. I needed bug spray as there were biting flies around. I got buzzed by a couple.

I've been coming to Big Sheep Creek for two years now and today I got to see my first wild sheep. Four adults and to wild lambs. I even got pictures of them. Gonna see if I'm smart enough to up load them.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      133.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      135.6 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      133.7 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      133.8 KB
      Views:
    FinLuver likes this.
  2. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +350 / 0
    Glad you got out today. It was a bluebird day here today, but I just could not shake free to go. This week is filling up fast. What the heck did I do when I was working for a living. If I could get my wife to take a trip, maybe then I could get out
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    When you worked for a living you fished your ass off on Weekends. Now all you have time on your hands and to damn many honey do's to do. I was going to mow the grass today but I put it off until tomorrow. Being retired you can do these things.
  4. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +483 / 0
    Nice! Those ridges look a lot steeper than they did when I was a lad hunting down there, Jim. Glad you got out & had a pleasant day to do it on. You're now a true Montanan; you have sheep photos, lol.
  5. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +350 / 0
    Those are sheep? I thought they were pigmy elk. :D
  6. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,120 / 0
    Dang, one is a cute sucker. I'm glad you're getting some use out of your camera.
  7. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +396 / 0
    I really need to make a trip out there.
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Those Sheep sure ain't scared of People. That little one on the close up was about 3 feet from my truck. The others were just off the road.

I have got other pictures up on the Ruby of the Sheep and some have some nice curls on their horn's.
  9. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +396 / 0
    Those curled horns make awesome handlebars.
  10. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +218 / 0
    I prefer pigtails.....;)
    Patrick Allen likes this.
  11. underachiever !

suburban hell
    Ratings: +310 / 0
    Funny that sheep pictures would make you think of that. To each their own.
  12. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +889 / 1
    We went to the Gingko Petrified Forest at Vantage yesterday and I spotted my first wild sheep outside of a winter feed area.
  13. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    In Washington on the Yakima River you can see them all the time. Here in Montana they don't seem at all scared of the Man.